Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pioneer CDJ-800's - heard some bad things...

• 04-11-2004 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

anyone here using these decks? I've been using the CDJ-500's for over 2 years now. I was going to sell them and get the 800's, but I am not so sure now that I have looked into them

2 DJ buddies who have them have had problems.

1 bought a pair, and on the first night (probably 3rd or 4th time) to play them, one player refused to dump the memory holding the first track he played no matter which cd followed. Only till he turned it off and on did he get maybe an hour before it did it again.

Note: thats the new type of technology the 800's and 1000's use - they read ahead the whole track in a matter of seconds, and then acting like a computer & hard drive together, gives you control over the Vinyl mode scratch sound efects in real time, so to speak. Its what also makes it almost 100% shock proof too.

And just last week, another bud had his player blow up in front of him, and it was about 4 weeks (50 used hours) old!!

I thought my 500's were bad with the way they can get quite hot over long gigs, and are not as shock proof as the 800's, but I must say they have never failed me in over 2 years gigging.

Anyone with experiences of the 800's?

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Club Educate

Personally, I've never had technical problems with the 800's or the 1000's but in my opinion the 1000's have a far higher build quality and are a much nicer deck to use in terms of consistency and responsivness, as well as having some useful extra features and I think there definitely worth the extra money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Might that be John Gibbons? You know Mark L's decks gave him trouble after only a few days. He was given the 1000's instead at no extra cost! Pioneer seem to be slipping a little in recent years.

I like the Pioneer way of using the functions on their players. But since I have heard about the 800's giving trouble, and I can't see myself getting to use all the fancy functions of the 1000's and the cost of them, I thought about the Denon DNS series of vinyl cd players.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Club Educate

It might be indeed!!

Didn't know that about Mark - nice one on the upgrade though!

Someone else I know just told me today that their 800's aren't working - only 8 weeks old... Not good!

Not big into the Denon's really - used them a lot and some of the features are incredible, but I've found them a bit over-responsive. Some people swear by them though - suppose it's down to personal taste really...

Some people swear by them though - suppose it's down to personal taste really...

Thats just it - I prefer the way play & cue is used on the Pioneers, and their shuttling modes. I am not a fan of the way Denons and Numark do all that.

So, its looks like I better save more money than an extra pair of 800's and get the 1000's when the time comes!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

have used both the 800's and the 1000's and would defo go for the latter.

Played club matrix in june there and had to use the 800's even though I had been practisin using a m8's 1000.

The 1000's are a lot sturdier and a lot quicker when using the pitch control compared to other digital devices.

Nightmare to fix though for both, can cost a tiny fortune.

• Advertisement

mancman wrote:
    Nightmare to fix though for both, can cost a tiny fortune.

Thats why I am reluctant to sell my 500's as was the original plan to get 800's. I've had them for over 2 years now, with an average play of 3 times a week, sometimes 5, and I have never had any trouble with them in all that time and amount of use.

If the 800's were to fail within the warranty time, its no good to me if I am stuck with 1 (or maybe no) deck(s) while they are being repaired. I'd want new ones, or my money back! Its hasn't happened to me yet, but I sure as hell wouldn't want a player to conk out on me during a gig - specially a new one!

The 1000 Mark II's are even more improved upon than the original 1000's. More sensitive and decorative jog wheel for the vinyl function, and they touched up their buttons too. I think the heatsink fins on the back have been enlarged a bit too.

I would love to get my hands on a pair of the new Pioneer DJV-X1 DVD/CD digital cd vinyl player!

Seanie.

Advertisement