Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One Roster

• 04-11-2004 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

With all the releases being made recently, does anyone else think that the roster split could be coming to an end?

Coupled with the releases there are the shockingly poor PPV buy rates and weekly ratings for RAW and SD. House show attendances are at such a low that more and more are being cancelled, and some going ahead in front of 600-700 people.

Hardly surprising for SD, as it just has no appeal anymore, but RAW is becoming more and more mundane.

The rosters merging could be the best thing to happen. this way, we would have plenty enough main event heels (which both shows lack), there could be a nice few heel turns (too many faces on both shows), and a few dreams matches as well.

Benoit Vs Eddie for the wwe title perhaps?
    Kurt Vs HBK
    Cena Vs Orton
    Y2J Vs RVD
    Y2J Vs Kurt
    Kurt vs Orton
    Taker Vs HHH
    HHH Vs Cena
    London Vs Shane Helms (Hurricane)

That is only off the top of my head. It could re-invigorate the CW division, merge the US and IC title.

Who knows eh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

the only way forward for wwe is indeed to merge back into a single roster - however that is not the ultimate solution to wwe's problems

writing - over the past 2 years the writing team for wwe has been piss poor to say the least, with outrageous and at times completely unbelievable storylines. coupled with the fact that mcmahon still loves his shock tv - this problem is a central part of getting wwe back in

backstage politics - ah yes the time old arguement - but in a fresh way this has to stop. guys who have been on top for ages (i am looking at you HHH and Taker) need to step aside and realise, that yeah you have given us years of entertainment, but dammit we want fresh blood in the mix, not just the "next big thing", personally i want to see a ton of mid-carders elevated - so many have been over-looked, it borders on criminal

i mean look at who they have already - chavo, hurricane, paul london, rhyno, christian, jericho, rvd and there are plenty more to boot.

and then look at who they did have - mike awesome, lance storm, jerry lynn, jamie noble, ultimo dragon and they didnt do a damn thing with them

yes the wwe has a lot of problems to fix, but merging the rosters wont solve them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Ph3n0m wrote:
    the only way forward for wwe is indeed to merge back into a single roster - however that is not the ultimate solution to wwe's problems

writing - over the past 2 years the writing team for wwe has been piss poor to say the least, with outrageous and at times completely unbelievable storylines. coupled with the fact that mcmahon still loves his shock tv - this problem is a central part of getting wwe back in

backstage politics - ah yes the time old arguement - but in a fresh way this has to stop. guys who have been on top for ages (i am looking at you HHH and Taker) need to step aside and realise, that yeah you have given us years of entertainment, but dammit we want fresh blood in the mix, not just the "next big thing", personally i want to see a ton of mid-carders elevated - so many have been over-looked, it borders on criminal

i mean look at who they have already - chavo, hurricane, paul london, rhyno, christian, jericho, rvd and there are plenty more to boot.

and then look at who they did have - mike awesome, lance storm, jerry lynn, jamie noble, ultimo dragon and they didnt do a damn thing with them

yes the wwe has a lot of problems to fix, but merging the rosters wont solve them all

By the looks of things, with about a dozen people gone in a week, it looks like the one roster is the plan.
    And if it does happen, there'll be some conflicts backstage as Kurt , Taker and Cena etc. will all want the big storylines/angles , along with the likes of HHH, Orton etc.
    And unfortunately , what HHH wants, HHH gets.
    As terrible as it sounds , any other wrestlers best plan is to become bussom buddies with him, and he might let them hold his belt for a week or two.
    But they better be carefull with it, damn it ! and hand it back as soon as he says so !
    Taking everything else into account, roster size and writing team etc. , he is the main reason viewing is done , people just don't have the faith in a challenger to him wheither it be Orton, Cena or anyone, because they know he'll be right back as Champ some time after.
    I don't he'll be happy till he's beaten Flair's 16 time record, and i don't think he'll stop altogether till his hepped up on goofballs, five moves in a match body finally clapps up on him.
    Sad fact of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

remerging is not the best idea the best thing to do at this point would be to either have trades more frequently or to have smackdown invade raw or vice versa. just think of jericho v christian and out of nowhere kidman hits a shooting star for christian and then london comes out to fight him off. existing fueds they may be but at the unexpected times and combinations could give things a kick start in the right direction . will it fix everything no, for that to happen they need HHH out of the way [i know, i know they'll sooner get rid of bin laden then him] but still they need to review politics and get back to what it's all about. the fans, the people who tune in week in week out. or with recent stroy lines once a year in once a year out. here's to hoping vince goes crazy and does the right thing but i seriously doubt it

Advertisement