Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last nights results?

Options
  • 04-11-2004 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Anyone know who won the 20 game last night? My money was on Norman or Joe/John (can't remember his name - he was huge chip leader on table 2)......

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

All I know is that I came 4th - Player X and John still there with some other guy. John was chip leader but only slightly from the other 2

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I didnt hear. Ed, you did well, especially given that the blinds went astronomical even before the final table formed. Ironically I think thats because there was a lot of good play (myself excluded!) and people were ducking and weaving and avoiding going out a lot more then usual. It really needed the blinds to rise to make people start to gamble a little and thus get knocked out. Thats a pity but its hard to see how else to crowbar the chips from someone who is intent on playing ducks-arse tight!

Was that the first time you'd played the 20-in? Nice work getting down to 11th or something wasnt it??

Also, Luke must have read the boards and flattened the structure last night as it paid the entire final table. Ok admittedly 7th,8th and 9th got something like 50 notes back but its better then a kick in the balls and the top end of the structure was pretty nice too. 1300 for first is more then enough for a 20-in tournie. He pointed it out to me saying "That should please you guys" and I have to say, it certainly meets with my approval, it was too steep before.

Now, we just have to sort out the blinds structure :)
    (Maybe try freezing the blinds and adding antes ?)

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Blinds were frozen at 4k/8k last night

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I am asking for blinds to be frozen every time I get to a final table and Im hoping to get a good blind structure going for the omaha on tuesday, blinds stsrting at 5-10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Edmundo

Hi Tom,

Yeah - popped the cherry last night my first real tournie.... I really really enjoyed it. I sat down just to see how I would get on so to end up going out 13/14 with only one rebuy (no top up) was great! It's nice too when you mention that you have only started playing and two people say "yeah right" :) I went out with the blinds at 1.5k and 3k. I was put all in on big blind by TT called with AKo and rest is history :)

It was a great tournie...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

The last three was Norman, the guy from table 2 with the huge stack (seems his name is John, apologies if Im wrong) and myself.

John was way ahead with Norman and I about even as Hy said.

Norman and I went at it and I took him with JJ and flopped a set.

That left me and John heads up. He was still ahead just and I nudged ahead about 6 hands in stealing blinds. BTW after Norman went out at 3rd Luke put the blinds up again to 5k/10k.

So, Adam deals me KK and I go all in and John calls with less chips and a Qx.

Flop comes Qxx.
    Turn Q.
    Thanks Adam!!

River comes K. I Love Adam!!

So, my first win after 8/9 weeks and Im chuffed. It finished up at 4.15. DeV is dead right about the quality of play, not just cause I won as I was saying it to Luke at the last break before the final table when I was at best equal last. The blinds were huge before the final table.

I love this game and I will probably not win again for years but that will not stop me trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Congrats. Nothing like getting that first win under the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Yup, well played BigD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Edmundo

Well played BigDragon. Congrats on your win.

Advertisement