Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Service in UCD?

Options
  • 04-11-2004 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

Well.. what's the story with it? Is it like in UCC where you used to have to wait for almost a week for an appointment? what are the opening hours? (they're not posted on the website)

thanx lads ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Yeah same kind of thing generally. If you're really sick they can let you see a nurse - if she thinks you are really sick then they'll try to squeeze you in. Otherwise you're better off planning when you'll be sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ahh no!! not what I was hoping for!! atm I don't think I'd make it over to the student centre. And don't have credit so can't ring for appointment.. not looking too good eh!! Need to get doctor's cert, missing labs is a no no!! will have to keep fingers crossed they'll let me in tomorrow morning, otherwise I'm in trouble :eek:

you could go to a real doctor... where do you live? (on campus by the sounds of it)

yeah on campus, but don't know any cos I'm from Cork :( and tbh bit low on funds :o Doc would cost what..40 euro?

I think about €40 alright. But there used to be an arrangement for a discount for students with a doctor in Clonskeagh (just outside the college - past the sports centre exit).

Not sure if this is it, but found it on goldenpages.ie

Dr Maureen Boyd Above Unicare Pharmacy Clonskeagh, 14
    (01) 2600575

• Advertisement

ur a star! thanks for that ;) girl in apt. is gone to get me credit, so I'll ring the college doc first and if no luck it's brill to have a back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

as EDIT: my new best friend REACTOR so eloquently /EDIT said - go see a nurse, depending on the time of day this can take a while, if it's serious they can get you straight in to a doc - gf went through earlier just like that.

edit - satisfied ;)

uberwolf wrote:
    as someone said - go see a nurse, depending on the time of day this can take a while, if it's serious they can get you straight in to a doc - gf went through earlier just like that.
    now I'm just a someone! :rolleyes: pfff! how the mighty have fallen! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I think about €40 alright. But there used to be an arrangement for a discount for students with a doctor in Clonskeagh (just outside the college - past the sports centre exit).

Not sure if this is it, but found it on goldenpages.ie

Dr Maureen Boyd Above Unicare Pharmacy Clonskeagh, 14
    (01) 2600575
    Another doctor around there is Dr. K. H. Moe. Entrance to the surgery just beside the 11 bus stop into town on the Clonskeagh Road. Surgery hours there are from 5 until 6.

uberwolf wrote:
    as EDIT: my new best friend REACTOR so eloquently /EDIT said - go see a nurse, depending on the time of day this can take a while, if it's serious they can get you straight in to a doc - gf went through earlier just like that.

edit - satisfied ;)

most satisfactory ;)

• Advertisement

update.. I rang the UCD medical "service" and it's not possible to make an appointment until next Thursday..

so it's just a matter of going in and seeing a nurse, then hoping she thinks I'm sick enough to see the doc :rolleyes: But I am sick and need a cert for college!! :mad:

so private doc may be the only answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Cecilia

UCD medical center will allow students to see a doctor immediately in cases of emergency. If you need doctors cert urgently due to missed labs Im presuming you are ill. Thus go to the student health center and say u feel extremely extremely unwell, and you have to see a doctor right away (urgently) etc etc and u don't seem to be getting better. Once u get into the Doctor tell him u've being feeling this way for a few days and have missed classes and thus need a doctor's cert as u're afraid of getting in trouble. He will write u a doctor's cert then and there.

thanks for that Cecelia..

update..
    I went into the student health centre and asked to see nurse.. she referred me onto Doc and was seen within 15 mins.. great service! makes a change from the UCC one.. which has a seriously cranky receptionist!!

oh and yeah got the cert too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jj_and_kevo

i got my doctors note here without visiting the doctor

Advertisement