Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheel of time

Options
  • 18-01-2000 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know when the next gripping installment is due out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I saw Hardback Book 8 [Path of Daggers?] in Eason's [Galway] today for a pound.

J.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

that would be no 7 in the series and i have it.
    bah, and i paid 20 quid as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Almost positive this was book 8 so maybe it was a diff. name.

oops, my mistake..tis no 8 'pon mature recollection.
    now tell me when 9 is out
    tell me NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I love the series too Eamo smile.gif

Book 9 wont be out til the last Quarter 2000 apparantly... mr Jordan is at the moment writing more Conan books and is probably having great fun watching us all get horribly annoyed we can't find out whats gonna happen next tongue.gif

Balls.

Kegs.

• Advertisement

ahh ffs!
    ive only been reading the series for the past 6 years!
    far too long to wait
    guess i'll have to start reading them again#1
    for about the 12th time just so i can remember whats happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Mythago

I've been reading them for about 3yrs, I saw 6 books lined up in a row & figured hey a complete series! By the middle of 6 I was ****ed off at the fact no ending was in sight & to ***** on jordan reckon the series could reach a a 12th volume sad.gif so I hope he's young & healthy wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

ROFL ROFL ROFL
    I cant believe that all of ye fell for it as well. Me, my brother and my father are all readint the series too. What suckers we are. Im in the middle of 4 series of books!
    Stupid maggie furey!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Mythago -

Jordan is OLD . he's been around for a looooong time, you might remember the Conan books, well he was one of the main writers of those. Now he's dividing his time between the Wheel series and the 'new and improved' Conan series.

It's gonna be a long wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Your all assuming that mr. Jordan will actually live long enough to finish the series, that guy's getting on a bit.
    Now wouldnt that be a b.ummer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

be a good 'cliffhanger ending' though wouldn't it?

think of the marketing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Yea Rev, the man must be paid by the word, as I've never read a book sooooooo drawn out... ever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Thats true. The guy has to describe everyone sooo completely, starting with their fingernails working finally to their inner ear. And dont even start me on his setting descriptions! But they arent the worst. There are more drawn out writhers out there. My advice is go read Clive Cussler. No boring frills , just good action/adventure books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

lol, what if he dies b4 finishing the rest of the books.
    #btw , wheel of time , is that terry brooks, if so ne good?

This is Commander in chief of the USS Esses, signing off.

no, it would be robert jordan

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Cool, i bought a brand new hard cover wheel of time book for £1 last week, but its no. 8 in the series.... so i have to get no. 1 now

also, get 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 as well.
    it wont make sense unless you read the ones in between as well

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Yes, I heard that the author gets paid by the word(or was it letter?).Anyway..how much do you thing this post was worth?

Advertisement