Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parrot-sitter wanted! Help!

• 04-11-2004 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hello All

I'm going on holiday in December and I'm looking for someone with bird experience to look after my Senegal parrot while I'm away. It's really difficult to find people in Ireland who have birds or know much about them.

Does anyone know of any sanctuaries or anything that could take him in for a while?

I'm going away from the 7th Dec to the 30th, and I'll happily pay someone to look after him for me. He's as tame as they come and very cute, and needs some company for the festive season : )

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I suggest that you ask your vet as a lot of them do sitting/kennelling services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

what part of the country do you live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I could help you - we keep budgies, canaries, finches, love birds, cockatiels, ring necks, Australian Kings & African Greys. Ducks, Chickens & Geese! Amony many other critters!

I am based in Laois - if this is any good to you - pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Delerium

I'm living in Dublin.. if there's anyone around here that could help it would be great.

Funny enough, my bird actually came from Laois, he doesn't have the accent though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I might be able to help you, I have a budgie and a cockatiel and am in the Dublin area.

• Advertisement

Hey Neev

That's great that you have birds, I have had lots of budgies and a cockatiel in the past, love them to bits.

I think that would be great for my little green one, he'd enjoy having the company of other birds.

Obviously I would provide all the food etc for his stay and would be happy to pay you for taking him in. As I said, he's extremely tame and loves cuddling and so on, so hopefully he wouldn't be too much of a handful!

Let me know what you think...

Cathy

Sorry I haven't replied sooner-was away for the weekend myself!
    Just a couple of questions-

-Is he noisy? Just from the point of view that it might stress my own two.
    -How much human company is he used to, as I'm only home in the evenings- that's college for ya!

Hi Neev

I've actually just spoken to Ed down at Copsewood Aviaries in Kilmacanogue, he said he will happily take in the birdy, and it appears that they actually look after people's birds quite often.

There will be lots of people there over Christmas and he'll be kept in the kitchen where all the action is, so this sounds great.

So I'm gonna go with this option cos it means he will have the company of lots of people and other birds, but thanks SO much for offering your help!

At least we all know for the future of a place that will mind our feathered friends :)

Ok so that's grand. Best of luck with him!

Advertisement