Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 06-04-2000 1:02pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else ever read "The Nights Dawn" Trilogy by Peter F.Hamilton?

1-The Reality Dysfunction
    2-The Neutronium Alchemist
    3-The Naked God

Apparently it took the author 6 years to write the lot, it took me over a year to get around to reading the whole trilogy myself(between other books).

Just wanted to see what opinions others may have on it...since I don't know of anyone else who has read the whole thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Currently reading (it's mentioned somewhere on here.)

I'm at the end of book 2 and am delighted that you've read the 3rd one cos I wasnt sure if it was out yet (that would kill me).

Finding it very enjoyable! More when I've finished #3.

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

For the best SF series ever (and I will brook no argument on this one) read the Hyperion series by Dan Simmons, four books, all brilliant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Probably one of the best series I have read. Finished it last month, "Naked God" over 1000 pages long. For sheer nastiness the villain Quinn Dexter probably steals the cake. For the history of the confederation Hamilton wrote a series of short stories, collected in "Second Chance at Eden", also gives some background to the Lady Macbeth.
    - Kulu Adamist

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Great view of what the future could be like also.I'd love one of those processor blocks, a void hawk wouldn't go astray either!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I wouldn't mind an Ione Saldana myself ... smile.gif

Al.

• Advertisement
Advertisement