Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving sat dish

• 04-11-2004 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭

I shall be moving house in the near future and plan to take down the sky dish myself. The question I have is how much it costs to get someone to put it back up. I already know that it will have to go on the chimmney of the house i shall be going to. Any idea how much this will cost.
    Also I am finished my 1 yr contract with sky which was in my name, i was thinking of getting a new dish and 12mth contract in my finance's name.

What options would you suggest, would it be worth considering sky+ ??
    Have sky changed the pricing now that the 160gb box is available ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Why do you think it must go on the chimney, this is the worst place you can put it?
    mburke wrote:
    I shall be moving house in the near future and plan to take down the sky dish myself. The question I have is how much it costs to get someone to put it back up. I already know that it will have to go on the chimmney of the house i shall be going to. Any idea how much this will cost.
    Also I am finished my 1 yr contract with sky which was in my name, i was thinking of getting a new dish and 12mth contract in my finance's name.

What options would you suggest, would it be worth considering sky+ ??
    Have sky changed the pricing now that the 160gb box is available ?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

Hi Tony,

The house is a semidetached and the way that it is facing would require me to but the dish towards the front of the house (or on the front) which I'd prefer not to do. There maybe a chance that it could go on the side ? I am basing this info on the fact that the dish should be pointing at where the sun is at 11 am ? (I could be totally wrong with that fact but I think that I saw it on a post here before).

Any help is appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I see, well i would recommend you use a stand off bracket, its an extra cost but has three advantages, 1. you cannot see the dish from the front and 2. is a lot less exposed 3. no risk of damaging the chimney breast by drilling.

BTW if you are moving house why not just get a new account and get a new box dish etc then your ony cost should be the bracket

Hope it works out for you

mburke wrote:
    Hi Tony,

The house is a semidetached and the way that it is facing would require me to but the dish towards the front of the house (or on the front) which I'd prefer not to do. There maybe a chance that it could go on the side ? I am basing this info on the fact that the dish should be pointing at where the sun is at 11 am ? (I could be totally wrong with that fact but I think that I saw it on a post here before).

Any help is appreciated.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

Query:

If you get a sky dish setup with a quad lnb with one line going to a sky box that is on a 12 month contract and the second one has a card from the uk for ch4, itv, ch5 etc What would happen if sky do a call back ? Is it a case that you just connect one to a phone line (contracted one) ?? Is there a chance that sky can find out about the other card ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

mburke wrote:
    Query:

If you get a sky dish setup with a quad lnb with one line going to a sky box that is on a 12 month contract and the second one has a card from the uk for ch4, itv, ch5 etc What would happen if sky do a call back ? Is it a case that you just connect one to a phone line (contracted one) ?? Is there a chance that sky can find out about the other card ??

Box with FTV card must never be connected to the phone in the ROI.
    $ky will never find out if you don't tell them!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement