Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for IOLBB

• 04-11-2004 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been waiting on broadband from IOL since the beginning of October. There was a problem to do with the eircom universal customer account number since the line rental was changed since the order went in (my ma didn't think to inform me). I didnt become aware of the problem till a couple of weeks later and then there was a further mixup cos Smart Telecom gave me the wrong number. Anyway, eventually got it sorted out 2 days ago and Esat now say they're waiting on Eircom for their "target live date" so I'm gonna ring em tomorrow for that. Trouble is, I wanted BB in to download HL2 from Steam but I doubt I'm gonna have the thing in by the 16th which is a bit of a bitch. My question is, if I cancel IOL and go with Eircom will it be in sooner? Or should I just wait on IOL to install it? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Wait on IOL, it shouldn't take that long. HL2 will still be there when you finally get it sorted. Don't get stuck with eircon just to get connected a couple of days earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

true, no rush on HL2 , weve been waiting long enough, a few days more wont kill u, IOL are much better than eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

gline wrote:
    true, no rush on HL2 , weve been waiting long enough, a few days more wont kill u, IOL are much better than eircom

Thanks for the responses lads. Anyone got any experience on how long it takes from when eircom give them a live date to when I'm actually connected? I live in Lucan btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Still waiting on this by the way. They "should" have a live date from Eircom by the end of this week but they doubt I'll have it for Chrimbo at this stage. Bah humbug. :(

Advertisement