Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chung Quo...

Options
  • 06-04-2000 8:34pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How could I have forgotten this one!

Dave Wingroves simply brilliant epic about a future ruled by the Chinese.

Its breadth is unbelievable (which usually means, "the authors editor is afraid to cut stuff out wholesale", but in this case its absolutely gripping the whole way).

Its also the book from which I took my Nom de Net so many years ago (I'm now almost 11 years online as DeVore smile.gif )

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'd been meaning to ask you about that this weekend smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

DeVore is also a type of velvet...

What exactly that means, I don't know smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

And I thought u got the name from unprocessed dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tom Murphy

Nah, a lot of people think its something to do with the Vore creature in Quake 1, or the irish for Deborrah (those ones are usually not very bright americans).

He was a character I identified with until he went around raping people smile.gif) But by the time he wrote that book, I was already well identified by the name and I kinda liked it.

Its an excellent book tho, but I stopped reading them after 4 not because they had stopped being good but because it was a year between books and I wanted to read them all in one go. There are about 8 in total (though it doesnt get crap after a while like a lot of serial books, it was planned as 8 books and its very well structured from the first page).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I just figured you had a fetish for a fellow Tom

http://csm.jmu.edu/chemistry/faculty/devore/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

In French:

dévorer: to eat up. To gulp your food down like a barbarian or a very hungry person.

dévore: 2rd person singular form of this verb

Advertisement