Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arafat brain dead

Options
  • 04-11-2004 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Sky news reports that Arafat is brain dead. Him and 50+ million US republican voters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Essey

Arafat was always brain dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Essey wrote:
    Stop that. Please have some respect.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

What does this mean now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

a lot of **** is going to hit the fan.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Here, it's only Sky News saying it.
    Some are saying he is, some are saying he's not.

[Awaits inevitable eating of words]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

PH01 wrote:

The man deserves no respect. As leader of Al Fatah he was responsible for Black September and the death of 11 Israeli's. The man probably has the blood of countless other peoples lifes on his hands.

Same goes for the Israeli's.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The man deserves no respect.

Fine. Then give him no respect. That doesn't mean its acceptable to be disrespectful.

I notice you left out "Nobel Peace Prize Winner" from his list of atrocities though.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

its on RTE website aswell.

There is almost an impression in here that the Israelis are innocent little people.............????? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

5:03 PM Arafat alive, hospital confirms
    4:43 PM Arafat not dead, says hospital official
    4:19 PM Report claims Yasser Arafat has died

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm I don't think either side is smelling of roses tbh !!!

Not impressed with this thread or the contributions so far, less of the soundbites and some substance please !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Essey

PH01 wrote:

Your absolutly right! If there is a hell I hope old Ari has a great & speedy flight. There see how nice I am?

Yeah, you too newbie.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sleipnir wrote:
    Same goes for the Israeli's.

Exactly . Even more so the Isreali's !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually it is Israeli TV (not sure what station) that reported he was dead. Probably the wishful thinking station.

Imagine now a few days later they say THEN he was brain dead. The crazies will say that Israel did it only the agents got there too late before the news report. (not that I believe this but the pettiness on both sides wouldn't surprise me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

Essey wrote:

Aye!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

bonkey wrote:
    Fine. Then give him no respect. That doesn't mean its acceptable to be disrespectful.

I notice you left out "Nobel Peace Prize Winner" from his list of atrocities though.

jc

Unfortunately, that says a lot more about the Nobel Peace Prize than it does Afafat. :confused:

If the peace prizes were awarded like the others are, rather than being used as a political tool, he never would have gotten one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

bonkey wrote:

Hardly a fitting award considering that there are Palestinians and Israeli's getting killed every day.

The man most certainly was a terrorist, at the moment, it's unclear wether he's supporting the hardline Palestinian groups like the Al-Aqsa Martyrs or if he's merely a sympathizer (I say this because his authority has seemed to do very little to reign in terrorist attacks by the Palestinian side). Either way, I don't think it's acceptable behaviour a man is the elected leader of his people. Also, the Wikipedia contains a interesting segment about his financial dealings, nice to see that he didn't forget to feather his own nest while millions of Palestinians live in squalor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

RTÉ*News just reported that Arafat is neither dead nor in a coma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The man most certainly was a terrorist, at the moment,

Hmm... Nelson Mandela was also a terrorist. He got a peace award too. I think you might be onto something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When Arafat dies and he will soon one way or the other, the aftermath will be messy. In fact he may be alive and it still turn nasty as he will be seen a weak and powerless figure.

There are several competing factions all of whom lay claim to being the true representatives of the Palestinian ppl. None of them actually are of course.

Within the Authority there is no-one with enough popular support who can step in and most of the members are viewed with suspicion by the average Joe due to the corruption within the Palestinian Authority and the fact PA top brass are often on good terms with the State Office in Washington.

Outside, the choices are between degrees of terrorist. Its proberly fiting that the most popular figure "on the Street", Marwan Barghouti is in jail.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Was Arafat in bed yesterday, when one of the doctors said to him, "it looks like bush will be re-elected", and then arafat replied "over my dead body"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/879C0D3F-045C-4AD0-9CA4-F1115DC53293.htm

Latest reports say that he is in a coma at this stage.

I have to say whether you liked the man or not, at least he tried to get into negotiations with the israelis. Of course the newer leaders of Israel have been quite stubborn.

As for whether he was a terrorist, try to remember that Michael Collins and Eamon De Valera were considered terrorists at one stage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Sooner he dies the better he is neither good for the People he supposedly represents or the Israeli's a terrorist,idiot and evil man.

Yeah cos when he dies, both sides will shake hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Latest, according to RTE radio news, is that he is in a "reversible coma".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Sooner he dies the better he is neither good for the People he supposedly represents or the Israeli's a terrorist,idiot and evil man.

Are we still talking about Arafat, or have we moved back to Bush?

The only way I can guess is by trying to remember who normally takes what side...the language is identical.

jc

Advertisement