Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to buy Thongs...

• 04-11-2004 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Knew that'd get your attention.

I'm actually looking for decent combats.

My last venture ended up in Penny's where I bought two pairs of (2 sizes too big for me) combats for €14 each.
    I'd like to get something a little more hardwearing/warmer, preferably made out of denim/khaki/canvas/corrugated iron.
    Anywhere that I've seen that may have combats have turned out to be deceptively camoflagued women's/uni-sex stores.

Someone should really open a store called "Lumberjack Supplies - Men Only" where you must walk barefoot across a bed of coals and other such manly things before entry.

Also - where might a generously* endowed gent such as myself procure some appropriately sized sockware?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Army Navy Store. 1/2 way down Shop street.
    Manly, rough and ready. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, that was the first place I checked last time, but they never seem to have my size, or indeed sizers bigger than that (baggy is more usable than a pair too small).

I considered going to Caulfield Industrial and pricing a pair of workmen's trousers (Snickers are a Swiss brand apparently).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Oooh take me pants shopping with you!!!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

SyxPak wrote:
    I considered going to Caulfield Industrial and pricing a pair of workmen's trousers (Snickers are a Swiss brand apparently).

Snickers are actually made in Tullamore and they cost nearly €100 for a good pair (the minging shiny blue ones are cheaper).

As a combat-wearer I favour going to Dublin as the only method of getting what I want. There isn't anywhere in Galway to get combats - the Army and Navy never have good stuff. They did once upon a time.....

Oh and if you find anywhere good selling thongs....

'c

Snickers are actually made in Tullamore and they cost nearly €100 for a good pair (the minging shiny blue ones are cheaper).
    Fig.
    As a combat-wearer I favour going to Dublin as the only method of getting what I want. There isn't anywhere in Galway to get combats - the Army and Navy never have good stuff. They did once upon a time.....

True.
    As anyone who piissed about in the FCA/RDF knows, proper combats are lovely.
    What the "Army and Navy Store" sells are not combat trousers.
    I wouldn't mind buying a few pairs from the ANS, but not when I'm shelling out €40+ for something that will fall to ribbons in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

SyxPak wrote:
    Someone should really open a store called "Lumberjack Supplies - Men Only"

That probably wouldn't be a clothes store.

Yeah, it would be a café with a sideline in axes.

"Buttered scones & tea"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, the combats they have in the army navy store are a bit pants. :p
    The cords I got in there are great though.

Although, as a like-wise endowed person as yourself, I too had some problems getting decent ones, but I have found a source of rather spiffingly good socks. Head into that sports store on shop street, can't think of the name of it, but it lies between Edward Square and Corbett Court, and pick up a 3-pack of Wilson socks for €5. Absolute quality, and great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Actually, never mind that, I went in to get some socks there yesterday. The place is now Footlocker and they've bugger all in the way of socks bar over-expensive nike ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

rmulryan wrote:

Ooo, sailor!

• Advertisement

Ooo, sailor!
    Only at the weekends ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Try the knickers department in Dunnes Stores, I'd recommend Victorias Secrets online aswell, some tasty stuff indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

or go here.

FX Meister wrote:
    Try the knickers department in Dunnes Stores, I'd recommend Victorias Secrets online aswell, some tasty stuff indeed.

What about some nice tanga briefs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

yeah the tangas are nice but a bit on the pricey side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Don't ye hate pants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Combat thongs - a new twist on going commando :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Last time I was in London, I saw some great Union Jack thongs. You can wind up Celtic fans no end by giving then a bit of Yahtzee with them on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Amz wrote:
    Oooh take me pants

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Oo-er missus....

I have a pair of these and they are brilliant - you will NEVER wear them out.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=588&item=2283477205&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Or contact them directly - Combats

'c

I know they are a bit girlie, but I just bought a cool pair of Ringspun combats on eBay for €20....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Devanert

Well, you know what? i say down with pants! in fact. down with clothes althoughter! people in this room (including myself) seem to be well endowed enough to go naked down a street singing "the prices are too high, the prices are too high" we coul;d tattoo a tommy hilfiger symbol to our backside and say were a desinger name!

A good pair of heavy Arctic or Urban combats, buttonfly, cargo pockets.

That is what I'm currently looking for.

Amz wrote:
    Oooh take me pants shopping with you!!!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Perhaps in the January sales :)

Don't tell me you are still looking for a pair of pants nearly a month later - you should take Amz up on her offer before your b0ll0cks freeze off...

'c

Nah, I managed to get some to make do with, but I'm still on the lookout for a decent pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

rmulryan wrote:
    can u get dog tags in da army and navy store?

Gangsta wrote:
    can u get dog tags in da army and navy store?
    Ya they used to have em anyway.
    Havent been in there in a while.
    Should have.

You could try Duffy's aswell, or perhaps one of the gaming stores (Sub City, Gamer's Realm etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

SyxPak wrote:
    You could try Duffy's aswell, or perhaps one of the gaming stores (Sub City, Gamer's Realm etc.)
    will do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement