Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSTwo (Slimline) Deals

Options
  • 04-11-2004 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has spotted any decent trade in or bungle deals. My PS2 is an early model, it's noisy and slow. I'd like to trade it in with a few games and get a new slimline one and GTA San Andreas. Ideas? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

GAME has a trade in PS2 + 2 games get PSTwo for €70..dunno what restrictions tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

no restrictions by the looks of things, mine was an early model, and the games (Lotus challenge and timespliters) looked like they had sandpaper rubbed on them, and they still did it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

That's excellent, I'll have to trade much less games than I thought. Thanks guys, I'll be calling into Game tomorrow, unless Gamestop give me a better deal on the way. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

smyths have slimeline ps2 and gta:sa for 179 euros with 50 euro vouchers (10x5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

That's a great deal too, considering it's nearing Christmas and I have to buy toys. Shame they don't take trade ins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

xtra vision have the slimline ps2 and san andreas for either 179 0r 189 either way its a brilliant deal,that new ps2 is tiny and completely silent when it is switched on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Jammer wrote:
    no restrictions by the looks of things, mine was an early model, and the games (Lotus challenge and timespliters) looked like they had sandpaper rubbed on them, and they still did it. :)

Just to let you know there are some minor restrictions on that deal.
    Naturally theres the usual stuff about all the equipment being there, and the games having everything with them (box, manual and disc :D).
    the main catch is that Soccer and Wrestling games are excluded from the offer, probably because of the plethora most Game stores have (because everyone trades in fifa 02 when 03 comes out, and then 03 when 04 comes out etc. The same with most other soccer and wrestling titles). Other than that I think it can be any game, even one worth €5 new!

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

flogen wrote:
    Just to let you know there are some minor restrictions on that deal.
    Naturally theres the usual stuff about all the equipment being there, and the games having everything with them (box, manual and disc :D).
    the main catch is that Soccer and Wrestling games are excluded from the offer, probably because of the plethora most Game stores have (because everyone trades in fifa 02 when 03 comes out, and then 03 when 04 comes out etc. The same with most other soccer and wrestling titles). Other than that I think it can be any game, even one worth €5 new!

flogen

Does the same applies to the PS2? I mean box and manual?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

neokenzo wrote:
    Does the same applies to the PS2? I mean box and manual?

I dont think anyone will make an issue of no manual, the most important thing is that the cables are all there and it all works. I don't think box is an issue either, although I'm not sure, I think they managers have no problem taking them without a box because they can put it in a display one instead... but don't take my word for it :)

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Saw a good deal in Game in Cork, slimline PS2 plus GTA:SA and Burnout 3 for €219. But of course they didn't have GTA so i put my cash back into my pocket.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Roar wrote:
    Saw a good deal in Game in Cork, slimline PS2 plus GTA:SA and Burnout 3 for €219. But of course they didn't have GTA so i put my cash back into my pocket.. :(

That's the deal I got yesterday. Just managed to get their last copy of GTA in Dawson Street GAME. The slimline is so small I'm afraid of it. Seems fragile.

Advertisement