Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT announces record quarter for broadband

Options
  • 04-11-2004 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

Read this "somewhere" today but I've lost the source...

BT today announced that the quarter ending September 30 2004 had been the best ever quarter for wholesale broadband connections. The company said that more than 600,000 connections were made in the quarter taking BT Wholesale's end user base to 3,294,000. The news came in the week that saw the UK overtake Germany in terms of broadband users per 100 people in the population.

Commenting on the figures, BT Wholesale CEO Paul Reynolds said:

"These are fantastic figures for BT, for the hundreds of service providers
    we support and for Broadband Britain. The UK market is really taking off and
    we have just overtaken Germany in terms of broadband take up. The UK already leads the G7 in terms of ADSL availability thanks to BT's investment and so it is hugely encouraging to see us also climb the league tables for
    broadband adoption.

"The huge surge in connections was largely due to BT Wholesale's innovation
    in stretching the limits of ADSL so that homes beyond 6kms from an exchange
    can now access broadband. This breakthrough led to a dramatic increase in
    orders as we were suddenly able to satisfy the pent-up demand that existed
    in many areas. It was also the case that many more communities had access to broadband in the quarter thanks to the continuing roll out of broadband by BT".

BT also confirmed that BT Retail's share of the net additions for the
    quarter had improved from 29 per cent to 30 per cent taking its installed
    base to 1,283,000 customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I wonder whether Eircom will retaliate and start to lower their prices or increase their caps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

neokenzo wrote:
    I wonder whether Eircom will retaliate and start to lower their prices or increase their caps :)
    Why the fsck would they ever do that? They don't give a fock about Irelands non-competitiveness compare to the rest of the EU. Sorry neokenzo my anger isn't aimed at you personally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

No worries mate. I understand your anger! :)

Advertisement