Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My day off in Dublin.....

• 04-11-2004 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Today I had a day off from work. I live in Dublin city centre and work in one of the suburbs of Dublin. This means that I never get to see our city during a weekday... I only ever see it in the evening and weekends...

I noticed today that Dublin is a totally different place during the week. Its a lot nicer...

For a start there a lot of great looking chicks about. Probably the fact that the college folks are in and about town again..

I got out of bed about 1230. My usual is about 0730 for getting up for work, so it was a nice change to have a lie-in... I always mean to do this at the weekend but dont very often follow through with my lie-in plans...

Got up, had a shower and faced the day with a smile on my face... no work.. oh yeah..

I felt the hunger coming on, so i stopped by lemon for some brunch... not quite breakfast, not quite lunch... yum yum..

Decided then to take a stroll around tower records and have a listen to some music to see if there was anything good about... picked up an album by Damon Albarn, Afel Bocoum and Tolimani Oiabate called 'Mali Music'.. really great side project by the blur front man... worth the purchase folks...

After than it was a stroll onto grafton street... holy fcuk it seems today that the world and its mother is turning into a foot locker store.. there were 2 opening today on grafton st.. and to top it all off, my favourite shoe store where i have bought about my last 4 pairs of runners has turned into one... its the store right beside mc donalds... i couldn't believe it!!! damn corporations!!! taking over the world

I also noticed that 'bums', yes those homeless drunk people are lot more fun and merry during the day... i seen one dancing up grafton st, singing 'give peace a chance'... he seemed convincing that he really wanted to give peace a chance.... that was only my first encounter with a happy bum today... no less than 3 more were singing like there was no tomorrow across various locations of south dublin city centre...

Another thing i noticed is the amount of shop-lifting... it was crazy... i personally witnessed 4 people taking advantage of the 5 finger discount :eek:
    It was also a day where i say a bunch of romanian women get arrested for shop-lifting and a junkie type as well get lifted... these were seperate incidents from my 4.... people seem to have a fascination when someone gets arrested or there is some comotion... groups of people just stood and stared at this person getting arrested.. why? of course the garda had to state the old phrase 'nothing to see here folks move along'... nice and cliche..

So off i went and down grafton st... as i was passing that damn foot locker which has some sort of grand opening, i was approached by a very attractive charity collector.. now keeping in tone with the 'blond or brunette' thread where i declared that i have a thing for red-heads... of course this girl had to be a red-head... and to top it all off, she was eastern european.. another of my 'things i like in a woman'...

now one thing i hate is those damn charity collectors that harrass the sh1t out of you as you walk down the street. I wanna punch one day as they annoy me that much... if i wanna donate to charity i will, im not giving you my bank details on the street pal.....

so of course i broke my charity collector rule as she was hot... i was going to listen to this redhead, blue-eyed, eastern european woman collecting for charity... i went to reach for my wallet to see if i had change.. i was all out.. not a button. damn credit cards making me not carry cash...

anyway... i declared my sorrow to this beauty that i didnt have any money to give her. she then said that "this is ok, but maybe later you could follow me to my house so you give me some money for the very poor people and i could give you a surprise as well" :eek: that is no word of a lie....

This woman basically offered me 'it' for a donation to charity. I started to feel like 'the pizza boy' in one of those dodgy p0rn movies. I was looking for a guy with a camera behind a bin or something.... anyway, i thought this was a bit of a sureal situation and sounded a bit dodgy...

Did she just want a charity donation that badly or was just that i am a fine specimen of a man and she wanted to do 'things' to me... who knows!!! Anyway I declined her kind offer on the 'its a bit dodgy' thought that was flying through my head.. She said ok and she gave me her number, so im going to have to think this one over... knowing me, i wont do anything about it...

After that i thought, ah i need a new pair of jeans. so off to arnotts for me. bought a nice new pair of cords. damn fine.

so folks that was my day off in dublin.. the city i never see during the week.
    It was a bit of a weird one, but it was good... its not every day you get propostioned by a stunning looking women... i think i might just carp the diem :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Post up a picture of yourself and im sure we will be able to tell if she was after your money or good looks fairly quickly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Tusky wrote:
    Post up a picture of yourself and im sure we will be able to tell if she was after your money or good looks fairly quickly :)

i think it might have been the money ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

:eek:

get on the phone and carpe her diem right now god damnit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Give her a lash jack.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

She sounds nice ... Can I have her number ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tman wrote:
    :eek:

get on the phone and carpe her diem right now god damnit!

Damn right...remember...it's for a good cause!!!! :D

RuggieBear wrote:
    Damn right...remember...it's for a good cause!!!! :D

I suppose, when you think of it like that... i am morally obliged...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

good good, and dont forget to make your 'donation'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, make a lodgement to the Sperm bank....

John

That sounded better in my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So you can walk around Dublin without being attacked?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dublin is a totally different place during the week. Its a lot nicer...
    Cork is the same. Sucks to high heaven on Saturdays, but weekday mornings and afternoons before the kids get out of school are great. Best time of all for a leisurely stroll is around 7pm, the place is deserted.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

she then said that "this is ok, but maybe later you could follow me to my house so you give me some money for the very poor people and i could give you a surprise as well" :eek: that is no word of a lie....
    She probably wanted to eat you. Your liver with some fava beans and a fine Chianti. Go for it Third_Echelon and if you don't post back in 2-3 days we will hold your funeral ;) Remember girls get hungry to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Fair play to you man.

I agree dub city is far nicer in the day, alas the smell of p*ss on w/e mornings..

Anyway, go for it with the hot girl, i mean, come on! She has to be a decent enough soul to work for the charity(volunteer? so i've been told..), and she fits all your wants. You'll kick yourself in 20 years time when u realise this while a fat and hairy arm curls around your waist asking for some..

*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

Haha, loser!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Go on ya good thing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah, now ya see, that's why you don't get days off work Third. They know you can't handle yourself in the streets of Dublin during the week!

feylya wrote:
    Ah, now ya see, that's why you don't get days off work Third. They know you can't handle yourself in the streets of Dublin during the week!

im defo going to book more days off!!! the hell with 2 weeks in the sun!!!! 2 weeks in dublin.... oh yeah...

Ah, all the eastern European red heads you could want, all wanting to give you something in their house in exchange for money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Did any of you think that the 'surprise' could be simply a cup of tea and a biscuit ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Typedef her Typedef her into next week !!!! And when your finished give her a good Fitzing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ando wrote:
    Did any of you think that the 'surprise' could be simply a cup of tea and a biscuit ? :D
    Well, I suppose that would surprise him .... a lot of these foreign chicks only do coffee. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

feylya wrote:
    Ah, all the eastern European red heads you could want, all wanting to give you something in their house in exchange for money...

Why don't you just take off two weeks in Eastern Europe?

There's millions of Eastern European ladies there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

OMG we've found the new James Joyce! That story had everything, classic Dublin characters and locations, thievery, sex.

In years to come we'll have loads of tourists coming to visit places like Lemon and Tower Records. But not before we run Third Echelon out of the country for being a dirty perv. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have pictures of him, I am willing to post them :)

I started reading this post and for the first half I was thinking, "damn this is one stupid ass post". But now I know why you got so excited, a woman spoke to you ;)

Go on the buddy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

just be carefull the "suprize" isnt her boyfriend (vitali klitschko's stunt double) hiding behind the apartment door with a pool ball in a sock :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Or it could be a "Crying Game" kinda surprise..... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Or it could be a "Crying Game" kinda surprise..... :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: *puke*

Or in third_echelon's case

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: *fap* *fap*

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Don't shy out! Eastern charity woman, it's for a good cause!

• Advertisement

SteveD wrote:
    Why don't you just take off two weeks in Eastern Europe?

There's millions of Eastern European ladies there
    sweet mother of jesus, i never thought of that :eek:
    MicraBoy wrote:
    OMG we've found the new James Joyce! That story had everything, classic Dublin characters and locations, thievery, sex.

In years to come we'll have loads of tourists coming to visit places like Lemon and Tower Records. But not before we run Third Echelon out of the country for being a dirty perv.
    Why thank you MicraBoy... I think I might just write a book!!! ;)
    Thats the best idea i've had in a long time. I think i'll call it 'ulysses'.. I wonder if that name is taken?
    I started reading this post and for the first half I was thinking, "damn this is one stupid ass post". But now I know why you got so excited, a woman spoke to you
    Go on the buddy!!
    Contrary to popular belief... it has happened before jesus... :p
    stagolee wrote:
    just be carefull the "suprize" isnt her boyfriend (vitali klitschko's stunt double) hiding behind the apartment door with a pool ball in a sock
    this did cross my mind...

//// anyway... i was away for the weekend so i should really make that call today i think...

Advertisement