Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Come

• 04-11-2004 7:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok i got curios and tried blubster. it works fine downloads of up to 90kB/s
    but i dont want to use blubster theres no demos or anything.. its all music piracy

but with the other programs am i doing something wrong in port forwarding for the rest of them cos ive tried lots of different ones and i get a max of 7kB/s and usually stays at 1.5kB/s

ive even enabled uPnP so it would automatically do it for me and still the same outcome

this is really starting to get to me. as far as i know ive done everything right and its still not working.

can anyone help??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Windows.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

slade_x wrote:
    ok i got curios and tried blubster. it works fine downloads of up to 90kB/s
    but i dont want to use blubster theres no demos or anything.. its all music piracy

but with the other programs am i doing something wrong in port forwarding for the rest of them cos ive tried lots of different ones and i get a max of 7kB/s and usually stays at 1.5kB/s

wtf is blubster???

/me uses google.com

Ah now I know what it is, http://www.blubster.com/
    never heard of it to be perfectly honest,

You might want to mention what *other* programs you are using so people here can make sure your using the correct ports

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

id like to get bittorrent and kazaa working.. at first i wanted to get them out of curiosity but now ive been at it for two days so now its the fact that they dont work that driving me

just to make sure in port forwarding you forward the ip of your computer right? not the router(the default gateway 192.168.1.1)

either way ive tried both and they dont work

ive even opened all ports and disbaled the firewall on a prestige 650h-E router

if i just had a plain adsl modem would i have this stupid problem

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've you actually setup port forwarding correctly?
    see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=177705&highlight=torrent+ports
    and you might want to do a search on boards for more threads relating to the matter

Don't use Kazaa myself so no idea what ports it uses, but generally easy enough setup bit torrent

Advertisement