Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cody will be staying put

• 04-11-2004 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

As reported in this week's Kilkenny People.
    Brian Cody, Kilkenny’s hurling boss for the past six years, is set to continue as senior hurling team manager.
    But his fellow selectors of the past few years, Johnny Walsh (Shamrocks) and Noel Skehan (Bennettsbridge) will not be part of the new set-up.
    The James Stephens clubman will be reappointed at Monday’s monthly meeting of the County Board.
    Cody, who guided Kilkenny to National League and All-Ireland doubles in 2002 and 2003 but failed in the McCarthy Cup treble bid this season, has indicated that he is interested in serving at least one more season.
    His appointment will be ratified as a matter of course, as will the names of the new selectors.
    Speculation was rife as to who might join Mr Cody, with the name of current under-21 manager, Martin Fogarty (Erin’s Own) top of the list.
    Mr Walsh joined the backroom team when Mr Cody was first appointed in 1999.
    Nine times All-Ireland medal winner Noel Skehan became part of the selection committee the following year when Ger Henderson (Fenians) stepped down because of business commitments.
    Since 1999 the county has won five Leinster championships, two ’Leagues and contested five All-Ireland finals, winning three.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

Will he still be wearing the same baseball cap that he has for the last six years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Will he still be wearing the same baseball cap that he has for the last six years?

Based on the amount of callers to Glanbia headquarters looking for replica's for kids etc,,,,,, i'd say YES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Based on the amount of callers to Glanbia headquarters looking for replica's for kids etc,,,,,, i'd say YES

Oh dear god no............children actually wear those things ? :eek: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I think this thread should be moved to the Kilkenny city Board.

TIPPTOP wrote:
    I think this thread should be moved to the Kilkenny city Board.

this isn't soccer ;) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Big Ears wrote:
    this isn't soccer ;) .

Apparently Kilkenny City (Even though its only a Town)has its own Board of its own Here So Kilkennycat can spout all they they want about Kilkenny Hurling :(

TIPPTOP wrote:
    Apparently Kilkenny City (Even though its only a Town)has its own Board of its own Here So Kilkennycat can spout all they they want about Kilkenny Hurling :(

yes I know theres a Kilkenny village board .

Advertisement