Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Fave Wrestling moments in Rep of Ireland

• 04-11-2004 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Ok what is everybodys fave wrestling moment that happend here on the Emereld Ilse

Mine is i think in 1993 The Point was jam packed to the rafters they even had a standing section instead of the fully seated shows they have now.

The music hit Dong Dong the lights went out " The Deadman " came to a roar iv never heard im my life .

What a night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

yea, id say takers entrance was something else, i was in msg for mania this year, so i have witnessed it first hand.
    my favourite rasslin moment in ireland would have to be wwa, nov 28 2001, and bret hitman hart walked through the curtain.ive never heard a roar like it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Have to agree with both previous posts , Undertaker's entrance , although the year before against Sid was better for me as it was the first time seeing him, although '93 against Yoko was somehting else as well.

Seeing Bret in '93 against against Bam Bam ( another of my fav's in my youth )was my favourite moment, but he had'nt lost any of his appeal in '01 with WWA, even if he was'nt wrestling and past his prime.

From the visit this year, seeing Edge, my favourite wrestler of the last few years was the highlight , although i would have prefered to see him in a one on one ( i went the 2nd night )
    And dare i say it, seeing big names like HHH , HBK and Flair , wheither i like them or not, is something to tell the grand kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

yea, you would have liked the first show, edge fought flair.it was an ok match, until edge decided to pull flairs trunks down around his ankles, so
    flairs ass was hangin out for 5 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

have to agree with bob. when bret came into the arena all the hairs on the backof my neck stood up, and dare i say it, a tear came to my eye :)

another one would have been kane's entrance at the first Raw show this year, if only for the shock value. we're in the middle of a women's match and BOOM the pyro ignites and kane's music hits. i felt sorry for the people who had nipped out to the jacks for the ladies match!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I agree with all the above.
    Seeing Bret Hart come out for the WWA show nearly made me cry, i love Bret, he is the f**king man and just having him there was awesome, especially when he put JJ in the Sharpshooter.
    Loved seeing Kane at Raw this year, his match was pretty good and yeah Taker's entrance(old school taker that is) always makes me mark out, i was jumping up and down at Mania this year, people behind me thought i was crazy! Then i was disappointed when he took off his coat and he was still in his bad ass gear! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

is everyone forgeting when hhh almost got bumped into by a fan jumping the railing running into the ring and being grounded by a dozen security and chris benoit asking for someone to buy that man a pint of guinness? and of course the 3 figure 4 leg locks in the 6 man tag? mind you the best of the bunch would have to be the chant for rhyno on the first night. all i'll say was it was a nice reference going back to the glory days of ECW. it was also great to see the look on rhyno's face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

yeah the ecw chant for rhyno was great but even better was to be able to say that i saw the wwe champion chris benoit.the man who is one of the great underachivers in this business with the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Just getting to see the sweet chin music in person. The match being TRIPLE H vs SHAWN MICHEALS in the point .

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Seeing Sting at the WWA show in 2002 even though he was only on for aroung 8 mins in total seeing Bret and JJ in 2001 and Seeing The Raw divas and Y2J IN 2004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Triple h's entrance this year b4 his match with hbk. i snuck in a handheld camera and when you watch it its like the whole arena goes silent and dark just as he stands on the ring apron before he spits his water and the roof comes off the place. puts a shiver up the spine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement