Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Point Depot for Wrestling

• 04-11-2004 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Whats everybodys views on The Point Depot.

Me personaly i like it, It has a bit of charachter its not your average run of the mill UK or US Arenas and the atmosphere it creates is something special the balconies are nearly on top of the ring when wrestling is there

Anyone know the offical attendences when WWE hit here last year

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i dont like the place at all, awkward to get too, too far from the centre of town, generally an all round unattractive venue imo especially for music concerts, the 'run of the mill' uk and american venues are a damn sight better and bigger than the point with decent facilities etc, as Irelands biggest concert arena/venue since the 80s the Point is embarressingly small with a tiny 6,000-8,000 limit, we should at least have some proper arena in dublin that holds about 20,000-25,000 people that could be used for big concerts, wrestling, exhibitions, trade shows etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Gonzo wrote:
    i dont like the place at all, awkward to get too, too far from the centre of town, generally an all round unattractive venue imo especially for music concerts, the 'run of the mill' uk and american venues are a damn sight better and bigger than the point with decent facilities etc, as Irelands biggest concert arena/venue since the 80s the Point is embarressingly small with a tiny 6,000-8,000 limit, we should at least have some proper arena in dublin that holds about 20,000-25,000 people that could be used for big concerts, wrestling, exhibitions, trade shows etc.

You mean like the Berty Bowl ?

Or else , why not ask the GAA can WWE use Croker ?

Love to hear their response to that considering they think Soccer is a pansie's sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

As much as I hate the point (and I do hate it) it's probably the most suitable place in dublin. Croker is too big, way too big for it.

the only other real option would be the RDS, probably outside (where Metallica played).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

The Point blows...you need elevated seating for Wrestling its the only way to go, like MSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

In General, i the Point sucks, you'll only fit in about 6000 people for a Wrestling event due to the ring and the walkway taking up space, but hey, thats 5000 more than their average house shows are pulling in these days.

For WWE in Dublin, it's really the only feasable place. RDS in Dublin outdoor won't work given our poor weather, ditto for Croke and it's far too big. Unless they planned a major PPV there like Summerslam where people would fly from all over the world for.

There really isn't anywhere. RDS Indoor would probably do it.
    They had to pick the Point for last year anyway, it was their first time over in 9 years, was hard to say what the deman would have been like.

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement