Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The song that hasn't been written

Options
  • 14-04-2000 11:10am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Eh, I was sitting there in the main train station in Munich last night munching on a burger.Looking around at the strangers a though struck me, whilst the song "People are strange" by the Doors was going through my head,(Faces look ugly when they're strange, or something, etc..)
    Anyway I was wondering if there has been some kind of song written about every emotion and feeling, 'cos you always hear people saying stuff like "there will never be another band like the Beatles"...blah blah, etc...but that is obvious 'cos they were the originals and therefore any other band that sounds like them will be instantly compared to them, i.e. The Small Faces...

Where was I..oh yeah...so does anybody think that they're is possibily another few original ideas still out there that haven't been trampled into the ground yet?

(This topic sounded alot better to the little mad rabbit that was running round inside my brain at the controls a few minutes ago)

...anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

As someone once said 'there's only 5 original ideas in the world, they were all done a long time ago'. There is still room for original spins on old ideas e.g. Run Lola Run or Being John Malkovich in films etc., but true original ideas? Don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

ridiculous idea.

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Didn't I just create a Music board?

/me runs off and checks...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭metalchicken

In my opinion (for what it's worth) we only don't think there will be any more original ideas in the future because we can't imagine anything else at the moment. I'll bet they couldn't think of any other types of music in the days of Beethoven, but look at the way music has developed since then.
    Did that make sense???
    I know EXACTLY what I meant smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

the small faces were good

• Advertisement
Advertisement