Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain starting to pay a heavier price for support of the War

Options
  • 04-11-2004 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Well looks like the casulties will be mounting for the British now. 3 troops killed today in a suicide attack. Looks like Tony Blairs government is going to be coming under severe pressure now. The way things are going they will be the only ones in the "Coalition of the Killing" with the fundamentalist forces of the USA.
    Suicide attack kills UK soldiers

Three Black Watch soldiers have been killed and eight injured in a suicide attack in Iraq.

A vehicle was detonated at a Black Watch checkpoint, followed by mortar fire at around 1300 local time, Armed Forces Minister Adam Ingram said.

An Iraqi translator also died. Six of the injured are already back at base. .......

Rest of article here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

The brits have more of a stomach for this fight than you may think, a lot of people I have talked to over there dont feel the casualities they have had are very high, these people remember losing nearly 300 lads to fight for south atlantic sheep farmers back in the 80's, the younger people i have talked to oppose the war in the main, but a lot of people aged 40+ support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No surprises, the insurgents will make point of testing the mettle of Blair and his government.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The people in Scotland are absolutely livid that the BW was sent there to free up US troops for an all out assault on Falluja. Especially whn they were due to finish their tour and head home. A few more of these and Blair and his gimps are going to be in serious trouble

Soldiers sign up, soldiers do as they are told and soldeirs kill and die. That is life!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I suppose they should pull them back to the Southern UK controlled zone now. They have done their job in helping George Warmonger get re-elected to continue his crusade against terror.

I would be livid as well Dub especially considering the DoD in the UK is thinking of disbanding the regiment in question as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

gandalf wrote:
    Well I suppose they should pull them back to the Southern UK controlled zone now. They have done their job in helping George Warmonger get re-elected to continue his crusade against terror.

I would be livid as well Dub especially considering the DoD in the UK is thinking of disbanding the regiment in question as well.

may not be much of a regiment left to disband if this keeps up :confused:

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Well, it does question the logic put forward so far that the Brits had less trouble cause they managed things better. It could just be that they had less trouble because they really were in less troublesome areas.

"Early" problems like this are to be forseen and are relatively meaningless in teh large scheme of things. Whether or not the situation changes over time will be the real issue.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

I don't think the whole hoo-ha about their redeployment helped them very much.

Advertisement