Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is it with women...........

• 04-11-2004 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Ok,
    I was gonna post this on the gay forum, but then it occured to me there may not be many straight women there lol ;)

My thing is, *why* is it that once a woman finds out you are gay, you suddenly become an available alternative to Matt Damon?!?!?!

Even if you are ugly as sin, its amazing and Id love to know what the appeal is? lolol

;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm gay and so is my wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, I for one don't know what it is about Matt Damon that you're referring to, but then I've only seen him in movies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Gay male friends are the ultimate in safe male friends, you can flirt with them without ever being afraid that they will be hitting on you. All my gay male friends are just really nice also :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

jesus man...how many times are people advised

WOMEN WANT WHAT THEY THINK THEY CANT HAVE!!!!

Straight guys get it too.
    Single man - cant find a woman.
    Got a g/f - cant beat them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Opposite is true too. I always want the women I can't have i.e. they're involved or married. Beats the hell out of me why I always want that. I am the original Eagles Desperado!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i dont get the appeal, but then i prefer male friends cause they aren't as bitchy and whiney and dont tend to dump you for their new boyfriend or whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I've an interesting story about that, a guy I knew was "gay", all the ladies loved him, thought he danced well, dressed well and was an all round nice guy. One of te ladies was very good friends with him, then one night he turned out not to be gay and was actually Bisexual and he fucked her. Isn't mister "gay" guy nice now. Fair enough all men don't dress well, or dance well, but at least with a straight man, you know where you stand.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Got a g/f - cant beat them off.

I beg to differ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Lump wrote:
    ... at least with a straight man, you know where you stand.
    John

In that context ... with your *back* to the wall.

Not your ornery onager

CathyMoran wrote:
    Gay male friends are the ultimate in safe male friends, you can flirt with them without ever being afraid that they will be hitting on you.
    There's a word for women that flirt with men they aren't attracted to. Begins with 'c', ends in 't', got 'un' in the middle. Four letters.

If you don't find a guy attractive, don't flirt with him. Then he probably won't hit on you. Go figure.

(Yes, I am a lonely bachelor that finds it difficult to discern honest flirtation, like Billy Connolly swatting away the woman with her tongue in his ear. I blame catholic boys school. And yes, I am bitter.)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

Seraphina wrote:
    i dont get the appeal, but then i prefer male friends cause they aren't as bitchy and whiney and dont tend to dump you for their new boyfriend or whatever...
    Thats kind of funny, i never really chummed around with other women for the same reasons, i used to have a lot of gay male friends,but then there seemed to be this movement in the gay male culture to become more bitchy and catty than most women, so now i dont really hang out with anyone but slovenly, nerdy guy types. I loves my stinky guy friends ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

tovalee wrote:
    but slovenly, nerdy guy types. I loves my stinky guy friends ;)

at least you know you wont lose them to the next piece of ass that comes their way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

CathyMoran wrote:
    Gay male friends are the ultimate in safe male friends, you can flirt with them without ever being afraid that they will be hitting on you. All my gay male friends are just really nice also :D
    I think most guys know this but pretend not to just so they won't be tempted to do this...

Any straight guy out there ever faked being gay to pull??? Of course there is!! Anyone who wants to admit please do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

you know the theory girls and boys can't just be friends?? well.. I wish I could argue with it but.. yeah gues in a way there is a bit of truth in it. Most of my friends are male.. and yeah.. when drink is involved conversations have been had. Not something that I enjoy either :( It's a pity cos a lot of friendships go downhill cos one feels something for the other that just isn't mutual.

do u think girls and fellas can just be friends? and that neither one has any feelings? I dunno anymore.

That's why a gay guy who is straight talking ('scuse the pun) is a great friend. It's like a girlfriend.. only without the bitchiness etc. That's all there is to it in my opinion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

so now i dont really hang out with anyone but slovenly, nerdy guy types.
    Sounds like my friends!

Hey Cathy darlin, was the neg rep you gave me flirting? I like you too, wanna go out?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

two words "FAG HAGS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

When i was single no one cares.. im not bad looking im told so its not that.. when i have a girlfriend i get looks from plenty of women.. im married now so dont need to worry about it but still... Women want what they cant have... if your single there must be a reason so they dont want to know.. if you are with someone though they wonder why and whats so special about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

I don't get how someone's sexual preference effects a relationship, I just found out recently that one of my best mates is gay and the only difference is instead of both of us checking out women we now check out women and men, I love just as much as I did before I knew. When I told my mates that I was straight they all laughed and treated me the same (did this in support of my best mate) why do men see gay guys as a threat? Why do women and men treat gay men or women different to straight ones, why do people care so much about what other people find attractive? If someone likes you they will hopefully have the guts to tell you. Take it as a complement if you don’t feel the same back or take the next move if you do. That’s life live it deal with it and get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Youve got a point!...it shouldnt make a difference at all but it does in most peoples cases!
    I also dont buy into that men and women cannot just be friends!I have probably close to as many women friends as bloke friends but it doesnt mean ive had the urge to hit on them all!But i will go as far as to say there have been one or two i have hit on!Hasnt ruined anything though and were still friends today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Women, if they hadn't got fannies there would be a bounty on their heads. ;)

Trigger! wrote:
    Youve got a point!...it shouldnt make a difference at all but it does in most peoples cases!
    I also dont buy into that men and women cannot just be friends!I have probably close to as many women friends as bloke friends but it doesnt mean ive had the urge to hit on them all!But i will go as far as to say there have been one or two i have hit on!Hasnt ruined anything though and were still friends today!

ITS TRUE I DON'T THINK YOU'VE EVER HIT OMN ME. WHICH I'M VERY DISAPOINTED BY BY THE WAY GOD¬!!!!!

Ah cajun now why would ya want me to ay!would have thought you spoken for women didnt want that sort of thing!

its called flatery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Hagar wrote:
    Women, if they hadn't got fannies there would be a bounty on their heads. ;)

Kind of like Kofi Annan??

Bounty on his head?

My bad then! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

My thing is, *why* is it that once a woman finds out you are gay, you suddenly become an available alternative to Matt Damon?!?!?!

Even if you are ugly as sin, its amazing and Id love to know what the appeal is? lolol

;)
    I've never noticed that... :confused:

I think it's just that many women would like to have a gay man as a best friend because it seems to be the strongest friendship she can have with someone.

I dunno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

Gay men are more respectful than straight men and they kinda think like women do...

I met a gay guy in the pub one night. At first I thought he was a straight guy and was gonna come up with cheesy chat up lines.. y'know yadda yadda yadda.. but no, when he told me he was gay we spent about 2 hours eyeing up men and bitching about them! I was so much more relaxed when I knew he wasn't trying to sneak a peek down my top at the good stuff! :p

T'was a great laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

tovalee wrote:
    so now i dont really hang out with anyone but slovenly, nerdy guy types. I loves my stinky guy friends ;)

So you like slovenly, nerdy guys, then? Well, if that's the case.........

/clears throat....... puts on his best Joey Tribianni voice............/

Hey, how you doin'? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dahamsta wrote:
    I'm gay and so is my wife.
    Ross, is that you Ross?
    jesus man...how many times are people advised WOMEN WANT WHAT THEY THINK THEY CANT HAVE!!!! Straight guys get it too. Single man - cant find a woman. Got a g/f - cant beat them off.
    Well more that "no woman wants what no woman wants".
    I met a gay guy in the pub one night. At first I thought he was a straight guy and was gonna come up with cheesy chat up lines.. y'know yadda yadda yadda.. but no, when he told me he was gay we spent about 2 hours eyeing up men and bitching about them! I was so much more relaxed when I knew he wasn't trying to sneak a peek down my top at the good stuff! :p
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was so much more relaxed when I knew he wasn't trying to sneak a peek down my top at the good stuff!

lol - that would give me away every time if I pretended to be gay.

It's very rare for men to have female friends. There's only two women I would consider friends but even then I wouldn't say a lot of things in front of them. Maybe if they were lesbians I wouldn't be so worried about making them uncomfortable.

Advertisement