Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims 2, Wont install!

Options
  • 05-11-2004 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

just got sims 2 and when i tried to install it says im running direct x 9.0b and the game needs 9.0c,when i try to install this it says:

"the software you are installing hasnt passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp"

and all i can do is click OK and exit the setup,any 1 have a similar problem or have a solution,
    any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

When it says something about the software not having passed windows logo testing it doesn't mean that you can't install the game, driver, or whatever it is, it just means that it hasn't been through any of microsofts (expensive) tests for compatibility. You should be able to hit the 'Continue Anyways' button and it'll install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

yes but there isnt a Continue anyway button thats the problem,the only button is "OK" and that exits the setup completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You get this message when installing 9.0c?

Yeah that's what i'd like to know. *Checks his DirectX version*

*edit* Hrm seems I have DirectX 9c installed... i never got that kind of error before *edit*

yes it wont let me install direct x 9.0c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

just got sims 2 and when i tried to install it says im running direct x 9.0b and the game needs 9.0c,when i try to install this it says:

"the software you are installing hasnt passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp"

and all i can do is click OK and exit the setup,any 1 have a similar problem or have a solution,
    any help is appreciated

This is a blessing in disguise. The sims is a secret mind control medium. Windows is also a secret mind control medium and does not want you to install a rival product. Use linux and play java games if you want to be safe.

BloodBath

Slap me for asking a stupid question but i take it your trying to install direct x 9.0c from the microsoft website and not the game cd? Sometimes the version that comes with games can have compatibility issues and stuff like that. Rare but it does happen. Try downloading direct x 9.0c from the microsoft website.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

ive tried both the version on the game disc and the version from the website,im gonna try updating my graphics driver,see if that makes a difference

Hrm... as a last resort you could always right click on the direct x setup .exe file, select compatibility then change it to either Windows 2000 or Windows 98/ME (doubt it'll work but ya never know...).

BloodBath wrote:
    This is a blessing in disguise. The sims is a secret mind control medium. Windows is also a secret mind control medium and does not want you to install a rival product. Use linux and play java games if you want to be safe.

BloodBath

i cant help it,windows has been sucking my life force for the past 6 years,bill gates has shares of my soul,when i look up apple products on internet explorer bill gates sends me threatening email,what can i do!!!

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote:
    Hrm... as a last resort you could always right click on the direct x setup .exe file, select compatibility then change it to either Windows 2000 or Windows 98/ME (doubt it'll work but ya never know...).

im gonna try updating the driver first,then ill try it your way and if dat dont work im goin to bed!!!!

I doubt your graphics driver has anything to do with it IMO. Just windows being poxy. Have you got Service Pack 2 installed by any chance?

i tried your suggestion and made no difference and either did the graphics card,i know very little about the service pack,can you tell me how i check which 1 i have?

sorry i have service pack 1

Hrm the only reason i asked is because i think service pack 2 automatically installs Directx 9.0c. I honestly have no idea why it's telling you that your version of windows is incompatible, or even why windows is flagging the drivers as not being signed, seeing as they are from microsoft after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Ingredients:

A vial of unholy water
    Root of Crabtree
    Lock of virgin goat
    Spoon of trouts blood

Mix together in a cauldren. Rub mixture gently in a slow clockwise direction on the CD's while chanting "Rubber baby buggy bumper". Insert in your cd drive and wave arms frantically until the game installs.

Or you could try in safe mode, try get rid of service pack 2, spyware (maybe). When I tried to install it I got a message saying - "You have CD emulation software running. Please close all emulation software and restart installation". Turns out that CloneCD was the problem so I uninstalled it. It worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

You may just have to go ahead and install Service Pack 2 to attempt to resolve the problem. I've never heard of anyone having trouble installing Direct X; The trouble usually starts after you install Direct X :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Here's your fix, Method 3 on this worked for me when I had the same error installing sims2.

It's not the result of a problem with sims2 (Although it has planty of bugs) but a problem with Windows XP.

cheers guys,after i installed SP2 the sims installed without any hassle.as for sp2,it took me about 4 hours of anguish[spelling] and mental torture to get it working properly but now thankfully SP2 has my pc running nice and smoothly....for now anyway

Advertisement