Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who reads comics?

Options
  • 13-04-2000 2:51pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Since today is the day I go on my weekly comic shop trip, I was jsut wonder who else here reads comcis?
    I know Cloud is a Preacher fan, and LoLth quite happily reads the comics I buy, but what about the rest of ye? Did anyone else read the last years run of Batman? What about 2000AD? Is anyone else bothering to read it? Books of Magic? Any of the X-men stuff?

Draco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i never really got into them, but i was just wondering, now that it is 2000, is the comic still called 2000AD?
    Are they going to change it or anything?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

It's still called 2000AD. There was a reason for it, but I can't remember what.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Well i do like an old comic yeah!

Zap, Watermelon, Freak Brothers, Weirdo, Zapote those underground now overground type stuff.

Also Preacher, Batman had some good graphic novels, I like Bisley's art so anything he does rocks Slainé in particular. I dunno I do like comics yeah for the aret if nothing else. Can't find a decent one about Derry at all really. Mate Liam used to do a wee shop in Temple Bar but closed due to lack of interest/funds etc.... but he has like 20 odd thousand comics of all shapes and sizes for sale. He da comic ninja really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I used to read any marvel comic i could get my hands on.Dont anymore tho.I got an issue of LOBO once - it was alright.I heard about preacher aswell and it sounds pretty l33t.I'm looking for a comic to start reading atm - any suggestions?

The big comic - can't beat it smile.gif

• Advertisement

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Calvin & Hobbes
    Yer only man. Although not exactly a comic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

How can one forget that bastion of French Culture - Asterix the Gaul?

Preacher is pretty damn good - practically the entire run is in graphic novel format - only the latest ones aren't.

The Dark Night Returns is the best Batman graphic novel, closely followed by the Long Halloween. Both are definites even for the non batman fans.

Lobo could be very good. Very mindless, but fun all the same. Unfortunately its been canceled frown.gif

Asterix was great! My local library had most of them. I must go find them again.

Calvin and Hobbes was the funnest daily. I honestly can't think of another that was so consistantly funny. Damn shame theres no more.

Draco

The farside books were/are good...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Anyone here read Sandman?

If you don't you should, look for it.

Karla

There used to be a l33t comic shop in cork called Hitman, but it closed down due to lack of interest.It had games workshop stuff aswell as magic the gathering although i wasnt really into them.We have to make do with easons now. frown.gif

-=20-40=-
    2040.gibworld.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

The only comic I ever really collected was Beavis and Butthead.... i dunno, back in my youth they just appealed to me. I have all the copics in perfect condition in little plastic cases so in 100 years or so I might get my money back ! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

I got my hand on OMAC ... and it was a special ( time travel stuff) first time i've ever read the thing but it was VERY good !!!
    I'm an Eagle man .... Gaunt .. the best that and the 13th floor !!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

I used to read Asterix and Tin Tin. I thought his little dog was cool. I went through my ten years or so of reading the beano (rarely the dandy). For about a year I collected 2000AD. At the time I thought it kicked a$$, and it did. I threw them all out in a spring clean about two years ago. I kept this Batman/Judge Dredd on though called the riddlers revenge or something llike that. It was about a deathmatch between all the greatest warriors on different worlds. It was actually brilliant. In fact, I'm going to go home this evening to read it a couple more times!

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Currently reading: "Appleseed Volume 2".

Recommendations: "Kingdom Come" and "The Return of Superman".

Kingdom Come is excellent. Its follow up (The Kingdom) was no where near as good.

Next Preacher Trade Paperback is out next week or the week after.

Is the Sub City in Galway any good?

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

8 Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

the fabulous furry freak brothers.

my father collected them during his
    hippy years, and as early as 6 or 7
    i can remember reading them, along with
    beano and dandy. i knew all about joints
    skins and bongs before i should have really.

my favorite was always fat freddies cat,
    and his attitude towards the ****roach army.
    class stuff

My brother used to collect Justice League America (i think because they were the cheapest comics going). The Farside is the best funny comic

• Advertisement
Advertisement