Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative-History

Options
  • 23-04-2000 12:16am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A while back I read some books by Harry Turtledove, with a what if premise.
    What if the Confederacy obtained the plans for an AK-47, via time travellers.
    What if Bug eyed aliens invaded earth in 1942.
    Are there any other authors writing similar storylines and just to ask the question if you could break the space/time continuum(TM StarTrek technobabble) what would you do?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I hate to point out but there is actually a space/time continuum. Much as it is hard to say the term without cringing, Einsteins Special Relativity coined the phrase. Star Trek just included it and them made Q live there, or something.

I read one weird one where Hitler survives which was a classic of its time but I cant remember it's name frown.gif

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Hundred Years OF Solitude? Eh?

[This message has been edited by Von (edited 02-05-2000).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No, I cant remember the name and its killing me.
    Its very weird and parts of it are kinda phallic. (lots of rubber and truncheons etc)

I'll remember the name soon enough...

Tom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

devore was it fatherland by robert/michael harris?
    it was written by the guy who wrote enigma, also a good book

MiCr0

Advertisement