Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ice Rink in Limerick

• 05-11-2004 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that for the first time ever - limerick is making its status that it will be the focal point of Ireland during the Christmas period. During the month of December it will have a large ice rink with sounding music, lazer lights, a large 40 foot bright lit Christmas Tree and lots of small mini shops around it sellling food, and christmassy things etc.

Fair play to them for thinking of doing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Where will it be do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

Hi Dave,

It will be in the Potato Market. Lets hope it wont be bombarded with Scumbags - no wonder no one does anything for us

I do know that certain times later in the evening will be left for more pro skater or adults etc. But it would be very nice especially to get you into the christmas mood with all the lights etc. lol I love Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that for the first time ever - limerick is making its status that it will be the focal point of Ireland during the Christmas period. During the month of December it will have a large ice rink with sounding music, lazer lights, a large 40 foot bright lit Christmas Tree and lots of small mini shops around it sellling food, and christmassy things etc.

Fair play to them for thinking of doing it.

Heh. The focal point of Ireland?

Isn't there going to be at least one outdoor skating rink, with all of the above, in Smithfield in Dublin?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not sure that's a good idea for Limerick. How sharp are the blades on those skates?

lol very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭lazernuts

At least they'll have some handy ice for all the slash/bullet/bite wounds.

correct seeing that dublin has it fair share of killings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Good idea, hope it works out well though.
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

dublin usually has 2 or 3. smithfield, RDS and maybe IFSC. Definalty 2 as i used both last year more than once. Got my tickets for the RDS (2 for 1 on pigsback). :D

We need a proper Ice rink, think how cool it would be to have our own Ice Hocky team!!! Get the GAA boys at it and they can cream the competition.. though they might come out with hurling sticks :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

correct seeing that dublin has it fair share of killings

Yes, but we have a moate surrounding them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Maximilian wrote:
    Not sure that's a good idea for Limerick. How sharp are the blades on those skates?
    It had to be said. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that for the first time ever - limerick is making its status that it will be the focal point of Ireland during the Christmas period.

The focal point of Ireland ??? hahahahahaha sorry....bahahahahhahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

lazernuts wrote:
    At least they'll have some handy ice for all the slash/bullet/bite wounds.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2034029&postcount=9

that is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

fota r probably doing the same thing again also i would imagine, seeing as how much money they made off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

that is all
    Oh well, there we go, crime is present in other parts of Ireland. People we must stop making fun of Limerick! It's reputation is totally unfair.
    LIMERICK HAS NO CRIME PROBLEM AT ALL
    Now......back to it being the focal point of Ireland because it had a skating ring, I suppose all of us in Dublin will afto move to Limerick for christmas so we can be near the glorious focal point of Limerick ;)

Actually your missing my point. This thread had **** all to do with crime, yes some snot decided to bring crime into it simply because the word "Limerick" was in the title.

Limerick has a crime problem, but it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭boo4842

Oh well, there we go, crime is present in other parts of Ireland. People we must stop making fun of Limerick! It's reputation is totally unfair.
    LIMERICK HAS NO CRIME PROBLEM AT ALL
    Now......back to it being the focal point of Ireland because it had a skating ring, I suppose all of us in Dublin will afto move to Limerick for christmas so we can be near the glorious focal point of Limerick ;)

I remember asking some people I worked with what the population of Limerick was, and was amazed when they said about 80k. I'm from Canada, but there are few places I have heard of lmore crimes/ stabbings / shootings than Limerick while I was there. I mean its half the size of the city I come from in Canada, yet has 5 times the murder rate. Whats not justified about it?

Oh and ther are 5 permanent skating rinks in that same city in Canada, year round, aside from the outdoor ones of which there are about 4 or 5 as well. I thought the spike was the focal point of Ireland?

boo4842 wrote:
    I remember asking some people I worked with what the population of Limerick was, and was amazed when they said about 80k. I'm from Canada, but there are few places I have heard of lmore crimes/ stabbings / shootings than Limerick while I was there. I mean its half the size of the city I come from in Canada, yet has 5 times the murder rate. Whats not justified about it?

Oh and ther are 5 permanent skating rinks in that same city in Canada, year round, aside from the outdoor ones of which there are about 4 or 5 as well. I thought the spike was the focal point of Ireland?

I dont personally have a problem with people discussing whether or not there is crime in limerick or not, what really pisses me off is people who have never even lived in limerick spouting the same crap about "stab city" every time the words "Limerick City" are mentioned. It is a clear sign of ignorance on their part.

Even though I don't see how a skating rink will make Limerick the centre of the universe, considering smithfield has been going for a couple of years, it is still no excuse to hijack a thread to denegrate a town which is trying its hardest to shake off that scumbag, dermot morgans constant trashing of it.

I seen another example
    here on yet another unrelated thread. Luckily there was no one there to take the bate.

as for the spike being the focal point of the country, the only reason that is the focal point is because thet it unites the whole country...in laughter and contempt for the government's ego trips

Advertisement