Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 game in the Fitz tonight

Options
  • 05-11-2004 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Will probably go in for this, using my winnings in the raffle last week :) This is usually pretty packed now, isn't it? Is there an upper limit on the number of players now or do they fit in everyone they can?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Will probably go in for this, using my winnings in the raffle last week :) This is usually pretty packed now, isn't it? Is there an upper limit on the number of players now or do they fit in everyone they can?

If I remember correctly, there were 4 tables last week so you should not have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Luke generally accomadtes allcomers, the weekend of the festival 114 people played :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

5 tables last week, you can normally expect 5 or 6 on a regular friday night, though we've had a couple of weeks when more than 70 have played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

The game generally starts very close to time as well now, no waiting around for 45mins! Fair play to the Fitz on improving this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

There was five tables in the end, I ended up coming 5th overall, first time on a final table in the Fitz. I survived a highly dodgy 'calling all in with 10s when the other guy has Aces' early on when a straight came up on the board and split the pot :)

After that I was periodically getting decent cards which helped build my stack to about 30k. At the final table was me, Juan Pablo, Cecil, and I didn't know any of the others.

Cecil was getting pocket 3s and 5s regularly and kept hitting sets, eventually Cecil raised it to 10k, a lady on my right called with her last 12k, I went all in for around 45k with AJ suited, he had 3s again and hit a set and off I went.

JP went out 4th a few hands later and as I left Cecil had at least three times the chips of the other two lads I'd say, so he was looking good to win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What time was it over at...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It was 3 a.m. when I left, they probably made a deal soon enough after I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I've actually made it to Dublin this weekend, what time does the freeroll start at prior to the 50? Will anyone be around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

It was 3 a.m. when I left, they probably made a deal soon enough after I'd say.

I came 7th and hung around for a cash game. Peter won, Cecil second and Dave Masters 3rd. They did not split the prize and I didn't see the time.

I made a stupid call with 10 left to an all-in with JJ against Dave's AA. I was chip leader and he was second so I went to the final table low and dragged it out but was getting nothing.

Good game to play in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Yeah Peter Heslin won it outright, probably helped by the 40k in chips i had to give him when his A4 hit a runner runner st8 to do in my AT. An enjoyable game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement