Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Chips

Options
  • 05-11-2004 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hey pokerheads,

Great posts in general by the way, I'm a recent poker addict - started playing virtual on Betfair about a month ago as I use betfair for betting. Moved on to real money games last week - 50c/$1. The level of play even on the real money tables is terrible. I lost my whole balance to a guy last night who stayed in with 3 of a straight and made it on the turn and the river.

What's the best site for getting a feel for the real game with genuine players?

Also, I'm having the guys in work round for a game next weekend - is it possible to buy poker chips somewhere in Dublin??

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Most poker sites are similar standard wise. I play VC but it has plenty of bad players. I've given up on cash games.
    Special Days on Grafton site/Liffey Valley is probably your best bet for poker chips at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

There is a small shop on capel st that sells darts cues etc. he has a small range of chips there, he has one pretty good set one hundred for 19.95 i got 300 of him and they are sweet. 4 colours 25 of each per pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Get used to it mate, I have found that because of the low level of players, trying to pull off intricate manouvres and tactics will get you burned....
    I have lost quite a bit online because of muppets playing crap and getting cards on the flop/turn/river when someone with experience will not even think of playing those hands. Crap players wont see the danger of what you are doing, when a good player would bin his cards...

I also dont 100% trust online poker, call me paranoid or whatever, but its like it wants you to bet, giving you cards that make you keep going etc.

Anyway, I took a break for a while and now I only play good hands, no ****, only on the blinds and when Im not raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ShortStack mentioned that he was selling the aluminium cases with 500 chips for 126 euro (or thereabouts) which is pretty good value, although if you're not in a hurry you can buy 650 on the web for slightly cheaper..

Advertisement