Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nokia 2650 Only €169 : Why ?

Options
  • 05-11-2004 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

In the November issue of the cph brochure in the sim free phones section it has the Nokia 2650 listed for €169 Sim Free :eek: (Not in stock), why ?

I rang the cph thinking it was a misprint but they said "No that's the sim free price" so still not believing this I went on to eXpansys Ireland to get a price and it's only €152.95 Sim Free (Not in stock) there :eek: ...

The Nokia 3510i is still for sale in the cph brochure and that model has been out about 2 years now and it's €179 Sim Free :eek: ...

The Nokia 2650 has alot more features than the 3510i and it's a brand new model on the market, why the hell is it so cheap ? :confused:

I can only see one reason why it would be so cheap, it's only Dual-band ( EGSM 900/1800 (APAC, E&A) )

l113773.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

market share

Nokia have been cutting prices in recent times in an effort to shore-up their market share

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

This may also have something to do with it. Looks like it's a crap phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

those reviews are mostly based on people that have just looked at the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

market share

Nokia have been cutting prices in recent times in an effort to shore-up their market share

BrianG

Oh !

Still, to me it doesn't make sense :eek: if they wanted to do that why don't they just lower the prices of their high end models like the 7610...

It just seems strange to me that this phone is the price it is, I taught when this phone came on the market it would be €300 + !

That must be a record by Nokia, I wonder if this 2650 model is the cheapest phone they have ever released since Nokia made mobile phones !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Oh ! Still, to me it doesn't make sense :eek:

hi - have a read of these two articles bearing in mind how much Nokia would want to keep it's market share and stay the No 1 handset manufacturer in the market...

Nokia Starts To Slowly Turn Around [Nov '04]
    the company said it increased market share from 31% last quarter to 32.5%, indicating the company's strategy of cutting prices to claw back share was working

and the second article from earlier in the year:

[url=ttp://www.thefeature.com/article?articleid=100720]Nokia meant what it said about a slip in sales[/url] [June '04]

although the detail on this kind of stuff would be better discussed in the Business / Economy / Finance forum...

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

The phone is €99 on Meteor pre-paid.
    Anyone know is it coming out on O2 or Vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

well sp is the 3220 is €199 vodafone upgread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I thought I'd ask this in here to save a new thread. Does anyone have this phone? Is it any good? I have the Nokia 3100, would it be worth upgrading? (if you'd call it that)

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

hi - have a read of these two articles bearing in mind how much Nokia would want to keep it's market share and stay the No 1 handset manufacturer in the market...

Nokia Starts To Slowly Turn Around [Nov '04]

and the second article from earlier in the year:

[url=ttp://www.thefeature.com/article?articleid=100720]Nokia meant what it said about a slip in sales[/url] [June '04]

although the detail on this kind of stuff would be better discussed in the Business / Economy / Finance forum...

BrianG

Cheers Brian that was very interesting reading, also this would be like you said be better discussed in the Business / Economy / Finance forum... :) ...

Thanks

P

Advertisement