Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hardy Boys

Options
  • 25-04-2000 4:08pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ever notice the way each book used to start off the same way:

"The silver one engined boat sped across the habour.Frank Hardy 21 stood at the helm, whilst Joe , his younger 19 yr old brother let his wavy blonde hair flap in the wind."....etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

that used to really annoy me. i always started at page 10. and there was always a chapter called "A Narrow Escape"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

I just think of WWF know.. they have hardy b oys there as well....
    and they are gick as well !!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

HEY don't knock the hardy boys, they shaped my life....into the malformed piece of goo that it is...ahem

"Damn."
    wHiTe-TrAsH.cjb.net

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think i had most of the hard boys books up to aout 90 when i was about 15. then i think i discovered the famous five. im on the last one.
    i love the way they solved about 100 mysteries in the space of one year. thats a case eery 3 days. even their dad, the 'famous' investigator never solved any problems.
    still, thy were enjoyable. better than watching tv smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

ah the hardy boys (insert reminiscent sigh here)
    with jet driving around in his old jalopy
    (which i could never for the life of me figure out how to pronounce,

ja-lop-y

j-lop-y

jal-o-py

ah ffs

Wyverne

g'wan the hard boyos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

anyone hear about how the Hardy Boys cracked the Iran-contra scandal? smile.gif

"well, we were just about to solve the mystery of mysterious pirates cove when.."

Advertisement