Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

claiming back tax froma summer job

• 05-11-2004 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

hi i was working part-time over the summer and have since left but i was wondering how would go about claiming back the tax that i paid over the summer or can i do this at all? i was working there for about six months and have leftbecause of college and other stuff!!! alos if i can claim the tax back how long does it take for me to get the money back? it would be handy for x-mas shopping :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

You can go to your local Tax office and ask them for a form to fill out and send back in to claim tax back, but i don't think you'll get much for 6 months .

<edit> :confused:

get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i had two jobs and i got rode for tax there

woosaysdan wrote:
    i had two jobs and i got rode for tax there

Well in that case you should be intitled to claim it back, it's not like their going to keep your money :) ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

You'll need a P45 from the job, go into the tax office, fill out the P50 form and wait. It takes about 6-8 weeks, in my experience.

penexpers wrote:
    P50 form

Oh cool, i have to do it my-self... I'll pop into me local tax office and get that form ;) cheers.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I'll pop into me local tax office and get that form ;) cheers.......

Why bother when it's here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 JW123

I used to get mine back in 4 to 5 weeks when I appplied, that's going back a few years now, but it shouldn't take 6 months.

Borzoi wrote:
    Why bother when it's here :D

Cheers :D , have it printed out now, just need to fill it out :eek: ...

cheers...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

nice wan thanks +rep for you when i can give it out again

Advertisement