Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountmellick exchange broadband enabled

• 05-11-2004 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Just read in the Leinster Express last night that the MM exchange is now bb enabled.

I went to the eircom web page with butterflies in my stomach wondering was my line gona pass....and hey it did!
    So in a coupla weeks I'll be enjoying bb(with Esat and not Eircon)

MM had been part of the rollout to complete in March so I was delighted to read that it was avail now!

A quick question. If I currently download(connect speed of 45600 bps) I get download speeds of about 4.5kb/sec. Can I expect speeds in excess of 50kb/sec?

Do you find the 8GB cap sufficient or do you find that you need the 16GB?

JC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

JackieChan wrote:
    I went to the eircom web page with butterflies in my stomach wondering was my line gona pass....and hey it did!
    So in a coupla weeks I'll be enjoying bb(with Esat and not Eircon)
    This can often take longer than expected.
    A quick question. If I currently download(connect speed of 45600 bps) I get download speeds of about 4.5kb/sec. Can I expect speeds in excess of 50kb/sec?
    Should top out at roughly that. 45-50 kilobytes/sec.
    Do you find the 8GB cap sufficient or do you find that you need the 16GB?
    Worth asking on the Broadband forum. People vary hugely in their requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moved.

Advertisement