Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone used this service

• 05-11-2004 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

www.dvdrentals.ie

I was wondering if anyone uses this service.
    Im not sure on the prize, is this each time your rent a dvd or is it a subscribtion for a month or year etc.

If its each time you rent i think 19 euros per dvd is a bit much etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

welcomehome.jpg

You want me to highlight the important bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

Frantic,

I used it until about 12 months ago and found it a great service.
    It is €19 per month and basically you create a wishlist of films and they send you the first available one and you watch it and post it back to them in the prepaid envelope and then they automatically send you the next available one in your list.
    The most I was able to get was 3 per week but it is an excellent service especially for movies that you over look in your local rental store that you keep meaning to rent but there is always some other one you want to see more.

I would definately recommend them.

Tip.
    www.dvdrentals.ie

I was wondering if anyone uses this service.
    Im not sure on the prize, is this each time your rent a dvd or is it a subscribtion for a month or year etc.

If its each time you rent i think 19 euros per dvd is a bit much etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

would you please....your as great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah i never used them but i heard great things about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

welcomehome.jpg

You want me to highlight the important bit?

This kind of smart arse, condascending crap gets on my nerves on these forums, why take the piss out of someone? he is only asking a question...

• Advertisement

Tippex wrote:
    Frantic,

I used it until about 12 months ago and found it a great service.
    It is €19 per month and basically you create a wishlist of films and they send you the first available one and you watch it and post it back to them in the prepaid envelope and then they automatically send you the next available one in your list.
    The most I was able to get was 3 per week but it is an excellent service especially for movies that you over look in your local rental store that you keep meaning to rent but there is always some other one you want to see more.

I would definately recommend them.

Tip.

Hi Tippex,

Thanks very much. I think i will go ahead and use them. How many can you pick from your wish list.

Mel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Keyzer wrote:
    This kind of smart arse, condascending crap gets on my nerves on these forums, why take the piss out of someone? he is only asking a question...
    I'd be more annoyed that "the 99p myth" has worked on the user. The number isn't 19, it's 19.99. Which is, to all intents and purposes, 20. Bugs the crap out of me that people still get suckered in by this marketing guff.

On the subject itself, I don't watch enough movies to justify €20/month, it's a pity they don't have a rental-limited service for €10/month.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

Mel,

Well for the €19.99 service you list 15 movies in your wish list and they will send you out the first available movie. You can only receive one move a time on this service.Have a look at this link and it will explain the differences between their service offerings Linky

Tippex.
    Hi Tippex,

Thanks very much. I think i will go ahead and use them. How many can you pick from your wish list.

Mel

Thanks Tippex,

At least there is one decent person on this thread.

Mel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm sorry, its right there in front of him. €19.99 a month it says, and he still feels the need to come to a forum to ask about the pricing structure. Its an evolved form of RTFM, for Chris'sakes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

dahamsta wrote:
    I'd be more annoyed that "the 99p myth" has worked on the user. The number isn't 19, it's 19.99. Which is, to all intents and purposes, 20. Bugs the crap out of me that people still get suckered in by this marketing guff.

On the subject itself, I don't watch enough movies to justify €20/month, it's a pity they don't have a rental-limited service for €10/month.

adam

The reason most stores use .99 pricing is not as a marketing gimmick, but to force store clerks to open the cash register, put the money and take out change for customer and then close the cash register. If it was an even 20 euros its too easy for the clerk to pocket the cash.

Of course, this doesnt explain 19.99 on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

fintan wrote:
    The reason most stores use .99 pricing is not as a marketing gimmick, but to force store clerks to open the cash register, put the money and take out change for customer and then close the cash register. If it was an even 20 euros its too easy for the clerk to pocket the cash.

I never knew that! Of course it doesn't do any harm marketing-wise easier. Added bonus I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

fintan wrote:

That's not true at all, it may be a useful by-product of the marketing ploy but a marketing ploy it most definitely is.

B

Advertisement