Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Result of ComReg review of Eircom's LLU monthly charge.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

K, but are you not rabbiting on about the monthly cost a bit much then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

This decision notice was soley for the monthly ULMP cost.

They say they'll have another decision/consultation for all other LLU costs 'soon'.

It makes sense to focus on what is actually been spoken about at the time, non?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I would agree aye. I know I'm a bit late on the scene this evening :), but I'd have put more of a slant on it. Mentioning that yet again this is another poor decision and god knows what they will do with the rest of the other costs involved in LLU.

But anyways, twas great press coverage. We need to get Damo on the TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

flamegrill wrote:
    Um I hate to be negative. And I agree that the LLU cost is too high. But what if the 100k, 50 step process was 10k and 3 steps. Wouldn't this fair far greater in the long run in making LLU a viable option? Just wondering what peoples thoughts are. Sorry to drag this off topic. But always good to have another slant on the ongoing conversation.

Paul

flamegrill wrote:
    K, but are you not rabbiting on about the monthly cost a bit much then?

yeah we are rabbiting on about it :D, more or less because if we don't then Comreg will keep on doing whatever they/eircom feel they want to.

The ancillary charges are next, and again we will rant and rave. :)

FIA is still out there, waiting in the wings, MANS/Enet, potential 1.8bn in backhanders, Europe s.i. compliance, CDMA licenses, lack of line failure reviews figures, FRIACO not revisted (even Eircom were suprised that this hadn't happened see SEC filing) the list is endless. I'm sure Peter can chime in here with a much more comprehensive list.

oh and don't forget they never even bothered to invite the largest consumer lobby group to their self gratifying shindig.

So basically this is one of many Comreg failures and we will continue to apply pressure across all these points for the foreseeable future.

As well as continue to expose Eircom deceits, show the DMCNR what we think they should do, continue to raise awareness of the oireachtas report, GBS, GDS, emergent bb technology and on and on and on.

Eh did I mention we are up to our necks at the moment :D

Cue IOFFL recruiting advert............... :D

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Noel has already indicated that he does not want to get involved... He hopes the MAN's will be the ALTERNATIVE to the last mile network. See and listen here

P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

There's a transcript of the Prime Time broadband programme on the new comwreck blog
    Always worth a read.

P.

PTHarran.jpg

There's a worthwhile ethos column on broadband etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That video clip is fantastic Peter! You're your own little MoveOn.org!

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

After all, criticising ComWreck now the decision is taken smacks of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! (but does feel good i admit!)

Not at all. This is not about senseless point scoring for the sake of it. This is a very important issue that needs highlighting. This is what we have been doing before and after the decision was made. The press release if you read it again contains more than just commentary about this pricing. It highlights that all parts of LLU pricing structure needs fixing. It states where we really are now and it tells people not to swallow the ComReg spin.

flamegrill wrote:
    I would agree aye. I know I'm a bit late on the scene this evening :), but I'd have put more of a slant on it. Mentioning that yet again this is another poor decision and god knows what they will do with the rest of the other costs involved in LLU.

Our Press Releases are factual and we don't wildly speculate. This is what earns us repeated interviews from respected journalists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Part of the IOFFL press release was reproduced in the Businnes Section of the Irish Times to-day. While it was a small piece in one of the sidebar columns, all coverage is to be welcomed.

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

query wrote:
    Good stuff. ComReg may be good for something afterall. :)

query wrote:
    line share
    Created a new thread on this.

Advertisement