Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The weirdest dream I ever had.

Options
  • 14-05-2000 4:49am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well ok not quite the weirdest but that was just TOO weird.

This one I had a totally odd dream that I was being chased by a giant white cylindical type object intent on jumping on me.

It looked clyndrical, hollow and slightly top heavy. It was pretty intense and I woke up feeling very disturbed and quite tired like I'd been fighting in my sleep. Something was sticking into my side in bed, felt kinda solid so I rummaged about and held it up to my bleary eyes. It was a miniture version of the giant white cylinder.
    I got quite a shock to be honest. I really woke up, rubbed my eyes and gawked at it a few times. I couldnt work out wtf it was let alone where the hell it had come from. All I could think about was "Thats the goddamn thing from my dream. Whats it doing here?"

I put it on my bedside locker and got dressed, occasionally glancing at it to be sure I wasnt making it all up and went to work giving it no more thought during the day.

I came back from work and eventually got into bed, rolled over and came face to face with the thing again. Totally intrigued and not to accept the only explanation (it had somehow materialised from my dream) I examined it but found no clues except that it was identical to my dream object, hollow, white everything.

I put it back on my bed-side locker and rolled over to go to sleep, uneasily.

The next morning I woke, reasonably free from white-cylinder-infested dreams and tried to turn on my radiator.

There was no cap where the handle/knob usually is.

Sure enough the white cylinder thing fitted exactly onto the metal and allowed me to turn on my radiator. Somehow I had ripped it off the radiator the night before and then wrestled about with it in my dreams. I had recognised it at a subconscious level sufficently to visualise it perfectly in my dreams, even tho I had (to my knowledge) never bothered to look and certainly did not recognise it when I awoke.

I dont know what all this means... but I'm scared smile.gif

This is yet another example of something.

DeVore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You utter freak smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

..and then there was a green hedgehog...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

We are all mad

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Tom, you just reminded me of The Prisoner where the big white round bubble follows him round. hehe...

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I remember dreaming that my sister was cooking dinner.
    God it smelt AWFUL!
    Its what I expect from her cooking.
    I woke up with my nose over the bin with a rotting banana skin in it.
    PEEEEUUUUUUUU!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I know that this is probably the most common of those strange dreams but it's simplicity never ceases to amaze me....
    ...do you know when you get this feeling in a dream that you are falling and then you wake up and you are after rolling out of bed and gouged out half your right eye on the bed site locker in the process..
    hehe!...a supreme classic of a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I once fell out of the top bunk without waking up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I used to sleep on a top bunk, myself, when I shared a room with my brother.- Fell out of it a few times, - it never woke me up... occasionally climbed back up, while asleep (or so I'm told)...

as for dreams, I wouldn't dare tell any of my weirdest here... far too damn personal, to tell the truth... and kinda nuts to be honest... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

MOst boring ones are the ones where you're in work. I would dream I was working, then wake up and have to go into work, pain in the hole let me tell you. No-one in the dream even had the decency to turn into a lizard or offer me a bl0wjob to liven things up a bit smile.gif

damn my subconscious.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 16-05-2000).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Damn you are one sad individual CT!!!

I dont think I have ever dreamt about work, it's kept me up at night (like now) tho...

Tom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭metalchicken

Had a dream I lived in a castle with Blink 182 the other day.
    'Twas very strange. wink.gif

I'm usually more disturbed if I can't remember my dreams in the morning, rather than if I have strange ones.

Anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    I would dream I was working

Im sure there are ppl who dream of work all the time. Bums, tramps, delinquints, beggars, DeVore, refugees etc. wink.gif
    Just remember how lucky u r :P

Advertisement