Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Tree with Roots under house

Options
  • 05-11-2004 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,
    Ive just bought a house with an apple tree growing about 6-7' from the front of the house. The tree is about 10 - 15' tall.
    The surveyor recommended having this removed asap.
    Has anyone any experience of this job?
    How do I prevent the soil subsiding into the hole left by the roots and probable cracking?

And who would I hire if I wanted to get this done profesionally?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

i know very little about this but the one thing ive heard is that you shouldnt be tempted to just get a chainsaw and cut it down without doing something to sort out the house ( ie get a professional ) because if you cut it down then after a few years the roots will decay and leave a hole which your house may subside into !!!

ps - surely your surveyor would be able to suggest a pro to do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd be more wary about moisture levels in the ground which will rise when the tree is removed. Phone a tree surgeon (Golden Pages).

Advertisement