Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talib Kweli

Options
  • 05-11-2004 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard his stuff yet??
    I first heard him on Kanye West's album in the song 'Get Em High', was impressed, but then ive heard his new single ''I Try" with Mary J Blige and was even more impressed, hopefully an albums on the way soon!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

He already has three albums out and has been around way longer than Kanye West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Get Reflection Eternal's album, Train of Thought. It's his best album by far, the produciton on it's top notch and Hi-Tek really suits Talib's style.
    If you can still pick it up Soundboming 1 is worth having for 2000 Seasons, (second favourite Talib song) Fortified Live and What if? (it's a great album anyway, just since you like Kweli).
    Also pick up Lyricist Lounge 1 (Manifesto's on it, favourite Kweli song). Besides Talib on that album, it's just worth having. Lots of good songs.
    Blackstar is a decent album to.
    I'm not a huge fan of his newest stuff, but it still ain't that bad. I'm hoping he does another album with Hi-Tek.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I saw Soundbombing Vol1 in HMV Grafton St. a couple of weeks ago. It was in the compliations section, not the hip-hop one.

There's a fourth Talib album, don't think it's legit though, and is possibly just songs of his taken off complilations. It's called The Elder Statesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I was very surprised to hear him on Kanye West album, i wouldnt have put the two of them together? I Would hold Talib in a much higher standing than Kanye.

Sean

Kanye West produced songs for him on Quality.
    Repaying the favour I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Kanye and Talib are good friends I think. They're both from chicago.

Talib Kweli is from Cincinnati.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Actually we're both wrong, he's from brooklyn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Talib is one of the best mc's out there at the moment imo,
    all his material is, well, Quality! all his albums have meaningful lyrics, nice beats and good production.
    Blackstar and Reflection Eternal are two of my favourite albums, the recent solo stuff is as solid as ever Quality and The Beautiful Struggle are both very good albums, better than Kanye will ever be
    Would've loved to see him over here but wasnt gonna pay over €50 to see him along side that fat mess missy elliot
    Hopefully him and Mos come over, now that would be Quality!

He's supporting Kanye West at his gig in the point on the 20th or whatever. They're also playing Vicar street afterwards (well better)...but all tickets are sold out afaik...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

****, I heard Kweli was touring in America at the time and wouldn't be coming over.
    ****,...I had the chance to pick up a ticket for Vicar Street and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The reflection eternal album is brilliant, wasnt too fond o quality and even less so his new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Kweli's Album Quailty is amazing...read the reviews on the beautiful struggle, they arent the best to be honest......still like to hear it for myself. but defo go out and get Quality, dunno where you'd get it i got mine stateside

you can get anywhere, Tower, HMV, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

get the next up mixtape. the one with rick james bitch, the one with mos def, the one with busta ... STEP UP!! ITS A CELEBRATION! hey, you're too close. mother****er move back, or im gonna bitch slap the next one.

adnans

Advertisement