Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Cartoon!?!?!

• 05-11-2004 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Can somebody please sort me out with the title of a cartoon that used to be on a few years ago.

I can't remember anything about it at all, except, that it used to have a sort second cartoon within it (sort of like I AM WEASEL in cow and chicken), and the second cartoon was about three superheroes living together .. a captain america type, a suffer dude thor, and a hulk type.

any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

I think you're talking about Dexter's Laboratory

According to the above site, Dexter's Lab used to have two sort-of spin off cartoons contained within the show.

One was Dial M For Monkey and the other was The Justice Friends

That should help you out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I had a feeling it was related to Dexter alright, but had it in my head it was something completly different ... but thats brilliant . .cheers! .. and cheers for the links too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

Another one is Animaniacs... that used to have Pinky and the Brain and also Good Idea Bad Idea gags.. SO COOL..

Good idea: Taking a deep breath before you jump into the pool...

Bad idea: Taking a deep breath after you jump into the pool...

You'd have to hear it to appreciate it!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Ah, good old Animaniacs. Used to love it. Pinky and the Brain are legends and the Good Idea, Bad Idea snippets were fantastic. Also, remember the other spin-off cartoons they had in Animaniacs, the one with the squirrel and her nephew, I think it was, and the Lassie piss-take with the dog that used to have to keep an eye on the little girl and she'd end up running off somewhere and he'd have to go rescue her and he'd end up in bits by the end of it? I used to feel so sorry for that poor dog!

Another one I used to love was Taz-Mania, which also had spin-off cartoons in it ("This looks like a job for..... The Platypussssshhh Brothersssshhhh!"). Used to love the father in it who was obsessed with orange juice ("How about a nice glass of freshly-squeezed O.J., son?") and would always go "Blah, Blah, Blah, Yakkity Smackity" in the middle of giving advice. Happened to see it on one the channels during the summer and I could still sing the whole theme song! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

was it ir baboon or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cow And Chicken
    I Am Wheasel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

oh i remember it , that sub cartoon was action league aww i think it was kablaam??they used to have 1 action hero falling down a toilet a lot dat it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Action League Now i think it was called but i loved it for its stupidity and cheap effects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    oh i remember it , that sub cartoon was action league aww i think it was kablaam??they used to have 1 action hero falling down a toilet a lot dat it ?

Yeah, as far as I can remember kablaam (or however you spell it) had Action League Now!!! in it. T'was funny 'n all.

I think it was Cow And Chicken that had "I Am Weasel" in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

the one i used love was catdog they were just insane ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I f*ckin used to hate animaniacs!! I think i'm the only person who did! A couple of the sub shows like Slappy the Squirel and Buttons and Mindy were funny but f*ckin yacko wacko and dat really got on my t*ts in a big way. I thought they were obnoxios and retarded actually just thinking about it now makes me want to hurt something... la la la la la la la la anyone out there on my side on this one? :confused::o

Advertisement