Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

GTA will be out on xbox next summer more than likely, if you are prepared to wait that is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

IrishMike wrote:
    GTA will be out on xbox next summer more than likely, if you are prepared to wait that is.
    apparently the pc version is out in may so it shouldnt be long after that will it hits the xbox

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Matt Simis wrote:
    Yeah, its pretty good, but I wasnt expecting a "classic", its a nicely polished FPS with a few blews and whistles but nothing more.

Pretty much (so-far). I wished I’d started it on normal -not that I can’t handle it, it’ll just take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Any of those reviewers wanna sort me out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's good and all, but not mind blowing. Not even the best game of the year. No doubt there will be plenty of people that disagree and go "omgz wtf halo2 is totaly de best man you retard")

You don't have a chipped xbox though do you jesus? It's out on friday anyway so you won't have long to wait.

• Advertisement

wtf are you saying? Halo 2 is de best game ever - fukc the PlayStation!

Err...

OMGZ NO WTF HALF_LIF 2 IS DE BEST GAME EVER YOU STUPID!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Pfft, get a girlfriend n00bs.

I want pics koneko.

I don't have a girlfriend to take pictures of, sorry. I don't swing that way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Worst ending ever! Me and my friend thought we were about to kick major alien ass and then Wham! Credit sequence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

maybe he means you.

I meant both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Since you have it clearly marked as an offline review, I cant see too much wrong. But did you lot ever think of scraping scores, or going to a customised five star system, like…

Village’s film reviews…

***** Now that’s entertainment
    **** Excellent
    *** Enjoyable
    ** For a wet Monday only
    * I want my money back, please

the Irish Times’ the Ticket’s music reviews…

***** Absolutely unmissable
    **** A cut above the rest
    *** Worth a listen
    ** Only if you must
    * Avoid at all cost

Oh, well at least yea have a ten point system and not the stupid percentage system. And as you were pointing out I still think some people think reviews aren’t opinion, but some weird science. Hmm, the weird science of opinion.

BTW: Lastly, I think we’re still on topic as the topic was ‘smiaras gloting over his review copy of Halo 2’ (the best game ever!!!!!!!*&*£*£ - OR the fan boys [the ones worse than Retro] will kill you!).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OR the fan boys [the ones worse than Retro] will kill you!).

Moi?

It's ok Retro, just saying you're a higher standard of fanboy. :)

I'll accept that as a compliment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

The game is brilliant, i have no clue how anyone sees it any other way to be honest.
    It is by far the best game of the year in my opinion.
    This and star wars kotor are the best games on the xbox.
    Graphically its amazing, gameplay is perfect, there are tons of vehicles and weapons and
    there is a great story with top notch cut scenes. Dont really see what more bungie
    could have put into it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

im sure the "real" ending will be delivered in some downloadable content. bungie cant be leaving everyone on such _huge_ cliffhangers and then tell us that they are taking a break from halo so another one is not planned any time soon. microsoft are using halo 2 is a vehicle for expanding the live userbase so why wouldnt give(read force) the ultimate incentive upon those not already on live to sign up.

No doubt if they do go ahead with the downloadable content they will charge for it and probably charge a considerable amount. There will be enough muppets that will pay for it.

Like me.

• Advertisement

You muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

You can download the Halo 2 manual from www.bungie.net now to ahve a look at what to expect at the weekend also all the stats are live now on bungie.net and they are puttin gup some new sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

can't wait to get my hands on it...everything so far has been positive (though that's to be expected)... looks like a lot of fun. still though, i can't wait for killzone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

popped into work to have a look at the limited edition box and what not. it is deadly lookin and has a bit of weight in it.

it was on the pods but they unplugged the controllers. looks deadly!!! cant wait for friday now!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,337 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

IrishMike wrote:
    The game is brilliant, i have no clue how anyone sees it any other way to be honest.
    It is by far the best game of the year in my opinion.
    This and star wars kotor are the best games on the xbox.
    Graphically its amazing, gameplay is perfect, there are tons of vehicles and weapons and
    there is a great story with top notch cut scenes. Dont really see what more bungie
    could have put into it to be honest.

i agree :D

roll on friday!!! new(for me anyway) xbox and collectors halo 2!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

i was holding a copy in work today,really wanted to bring it home!
    how did ye get your copies early,
    and dont say something like,
    i have my ways :cool:

they got review copies.

evening herald has a big two page arcticle on games and they reviewd both halo 2 and SA. now i know gta is fcukin deadly and they gave it a 9/10 but what ive heard about halo isnt amazing tbh. they gave halo a 9 as well but from what they say about it it just doesnt seem 9 worthy. they say repetitiveness is back, plot isnt great, more of the same and the only really great improvement is onlne play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

With reports of the abrupt begging-for-another-sequel ending and the vagueries about it appearing during this console generation I think you can be pretty sure Halo-3 will be an Xbox2 launch title. It'd fit with their timeframe especially considering it sounds as if Halo2 was cut short rather than being truncated due to time constraints, this would allow for more content in 3 in the lesser development time they'd need to make projected launch dates. Just my $.02 of vapourware speculation ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The game looks savage!! Is GAME defo open tommorrow night at 12?

Advertisement