Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

evad_lhorg wrote:
    they got review copies.

evening herald has a big two page arcticle on games and they reviewd both halo 2 and SA. now i know gta is fcukin deadly and they gave it a 9/10 but what ive heard about halo isnt amazing tbh. they gave halo a 9 as well but from what they say about it it just doesnt seem 9 worthy. they say repetitiveness is back, plot isnt great, more of the same and the only really great improvement is onlne play.

Whoever is giving you your information is just plain wrong.
    Halo 2 doesnt deserve a 9 it deserves a 10.
    And giving your opinion on something you have never played is a bit rich dont you think ?
    The game is a fps, if by repeatitiveness you mean you keep killing people then
    i guess you are right, then again thats the same flaw in every fps isnt it?
    Its combatted by loads of weapons, beautiful environments and the best
    vehicles in any fps
    As for the story its better than the first, what more do you want ?
    Dont pass judgement on the game by something you read in the evening
    hearld of all fecking places !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

smiaras wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    jesus mate....you really opened a can of ****wit fanboy worms there, didn't you!?? :D I liked your review and 8/10 is not bad so i think'll rent it first. ....I can only hope the perks of the reviewing job are worth having to defend your reviews against a bunch of idiots ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

IrishMike wrote:

You ever hear before that opinions can't be wrong? You might be a fanboy but not everyone else is. It's a great game, granted, but not 9/10 or 10/10, it would need to be perfect to get a 10/10 score and the game is by no means perfect.

Don't let that put you off though anyone. Get the game, play it, enjoy it, it's a great laugh (especially co-op :) ), but don't expect the greatest game ever made (you might disappoint yourself by building it up in your head, like happened to everyone and Doom 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

IrishMike wrote:
    the best
    vehicles in any fps

Battlefield series tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Just heard an ad for Smyths on the radio, they're selling Halo 2 plus one of 2 free games, either Medal of Honour Rising Sun or some other which I can't remember at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

koneko wrote:
    (you might disappoint yourself by building it up in your head, like happened to everyone and Doom 3).
    Ive had just about enough of your doom bashing, young lady!!
    Battlefield series tbh.

*nods sagely in agreement*

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Anyone played on live yet? What's it like? I've read about it on bungie's website, trying out some deadly ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

what date is it released?! is it thursday or friday?

Deadwing wrote:
    Ive had just about enough of your doom bashing, young lady!!

Dude, just be honest with yourself... :)

But yes, BF series. I love tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

IrishMike wrote:
    And giving your opinion on something you have never played is a bit rich dont you think ?
    The game is a fps, if by repeatitiveness you mean you keep killing people then
    i guess you are right, then again thats the same flaw in every fps isnt it?
    Its combatted by loads of weapons, beautiful environments and the best
    vehicles in any fps
    As for the story its better than the first, what more do you want ?
    Dont pass judgement on the game by something you read in the evening
    hearld of all fecking places !

im just saying what i read mate! jesus! i never said they were my opinions but what the herald said seems to be what a lot of people are saying about it.

• Advertisement

Well all along i think bungie were really focusing on expanding the multiplayer aspect, and according to reports on this very thread it seems to be true.
    Its a shame too, because i relly thought halo had a great sci fi story, and tbh never got around tot he multiplayer aspect of it. So i think its a bit of a rip if halo 2 is more of a multiplayer game. Im getting the same sinking feeling i got when i found out quake 3 was multiplayer based and wafer thin single player action. (tho Q3 did turn out pretty good..but i would have preferred a decent story driven single player version).

And koneko, doom 3 rocks no matter how you try to sway my opinion!! *puts on his doom 3 tshirt...seriously, im wearing one right now* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

evad_lhorg wrote:
    im just saying what i read mate! jesus! i never said they were my opinions but what the herald said seems to be what a lot of people are saying about it.

Please don't tell me people actually pay heed to the drivel spouted in the Herald's videogame column. I've yet to see a game there get a bad review, hell they even gave Driv3r 8/10. It seems to me that the guy who writes it is only in it for the free games and is far to frightened to risk upsetting people with honest reviews.

Well, either that or he doesn't play the games.

Driv3r

Pff, at least call it by it's proper name: Driver 3/10

Well, either that or he doesn't play the games.

Lol....but true! Must be a tough job getting paid to rehash PR releases..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

koneko wrote:
    Pff, at least call it by it's proper name: Driver 3/10

ROTFL
    :D

Thats excellent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone read culture with the sunday times. The guy who does the game reviews gave halo 2 4/5 based on an initial impression at some trade show. I doubt he even played it, just saw a video. He gave San Andreas a 3/5 as well.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Anyone read culture with the sunday times. The guy who does the game reviews gave halo 2 4/5 based on an initial impression at some trade show. I doubt he even played it, just saw a video. He gave San Andreas a 3/5 as well.

Isn't that why Doom3 got such high reviews.... ;)

/runs for corner, hoping it isn't a hidden imp closet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i don't have this game pre-booked. i don't have enough money but dammit, trade-in's and some cash will have to work here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

doom 3 is boring!!!! :D

okay koneko, ruggiebear and evad_lhorg, you all just made THE LIST!!!

Yeah, that right! Theres a list!!

*mumbles*damn kids these days dont appreciate anything multi pass rederingdynamiclighting..mumblemumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Finished it a while ago. Excellent game!
    Terrible ending, in fact worst game ending ever... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I see that play.com must be shipping already as Halo 2's status has changed to 'in stock'. May be good news for anyone that pre-ordered from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I have the collectors edition pre booked in xtra vision from ages ago, the only thing is i still have not ehard a price yet!! anyone know what price it is?

I'll be picking it up tonight on the way home, unfortunatley won't be able to get to play it till christmas...dam.

Anyway for all those out there getting the game and playing it today i envy you.

Smyths Software Zone are advertising it on the radio and saying you can get either Ghost Recon or Rising Sun free when you buy it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Got my first chance to play this at the launch party in the Metropolitan last night. And really wasn't all that blown away. The first-player game just seemed like more of the same, and the split-screen game was ridiculous - the levels were far too big for two players (and there's so much screen clutter that I can't imagine it would be nice to play with four players on anything less than a cinema screen). Walking home, I passed by Game and Gamestop after midnight, and decided not to buy it.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Samey samey. It's good-ish and all, it's definitely not a bad game, it's just... you know... not that special.

Phwoar HL2 and Vampire the masquerade bloodlines next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

finally got playing it last night. there's no arguing its very similar to the last but, for me, that's exactly what i wanted. The game is just so polished. I generally hate FPS but the first Halo was excellent and this one looks just as good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

I have it too. I got Halo 1 on the pc about 2 months before it came out.

I can only speak for myself but its just knowing someone that doesnt give a toss about having Halo 2 and gives it to you or you get it promotionally...Its perfectly feasable to have it ages before everyone...

(PS: I havent even played it yet...hehehe...Too busy with FarCry and my new PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i actually thought Halo was boring on the PC. Much preferred it on the console. Not sure why.

quarryman wrote:
    i actually thought Halo was boring on the PC. Much preferred it on the console. Not sure why.

Really? I've only played it on the PC and i thought it was ok nothing special but an enjoyable romp....what made the xbox version more enjoyable!?

i'm debating whether to get HALO 2 for the xbox or not....might try and rent it and possibly buy it if it ever comes out on the PC...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

With Half Life 2,Vampire, Pro Evo 4(pc) and World Of Warcraft out soon I have plenty to play without Halo 2... Never mind the fact that im still not in Las Venturas in GTA:SA :)

Advertisement