Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

RuggieBear wrote:
    Really? I've only played it on the PC and i thought it was ok nothing special but an enjoyable romp....what made the xbox version more enjoyable!?

i think it was just the accessibility and being able to knock and the console and sit back with the controller. I find playing on the PC can be uncomfortable using the mouse and keyboard etc. Strategy games are the only ones that are suited solely to the PC imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Aswell as that, you can lie on the couch without worrying where your going to put your kb and mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

quarryman wrote:
    i think it was just the accessibility and being able to knock and the console and sit back with the controller. I find playing on the PC can be uncomfortable using the mouse and keyboard etc. Strategy games are the only ones that are suited solely to the PC imo.

Yeah i see where your coming from but i struggle playing FPS and their ilk on contollers....perhaps i'm just way to used to the old WASD keys and me mousey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

true. i think it just makes it harder on a console with aiming. I remember struggling on a few of the GTA3 missions on the
    ps2 and then flying throught them on the PC. ye can't beat the mouse for accuracy.

still, when i'm killing those covenant bastids, i like to be on the couch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

picked it up yesterday and yes folks its more of the same and then some
    if u liked halo u will love halo 2, in my opinion its a worthy sequel and as some have mentioned its very very polished
    playing co -op as usual is a great experience and they have really deveolped the story arc which is very enjoyable
    its been the the most playable and exciting game i have picked up in while
    If you want a good fps on the xbox then this is certainly worth an investment
    the only tiny tiny gripe i have is that on the cutscenes the textures seem to load in a milisecond after the rest of the images.
    I would also agree that there is something about just being able to turn on the xbox ( or any console) and fire away and relax on the couch , but then having halo on the pc as well i do kinda like the mouse and keyboard.
    For me this game has not disappointed for once a game has lived up to the hype and maybe even surpassed it, the music ,story , the gameplay all add up to a very polished game and a worthy sequel. I for one am glad its more of the same, the damage models are also a welcome addition
    isn't that what sequels are all about ??? more of the same
    If half life 2 does not have more of the same how many people will like it ??
    People expect a certain element of familarity . Anyway the Roman senate have just disowned me and i have to conquer the rest of germany and the rest of italy before HL2 and vampire 2 are released , oh yeah i have one more thing to do ....................
    save the earth from the covenant !!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

it is fantastic.
    snoopdog wrote:
    best game i have ever played

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

quarryman wrote:
    The game is just so polished..

One of the first things that came into my head about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the first Halo wasn't anything special on the pc. for the x-box it was great, since there were f-all fps's but, it took two years to be ported to the pc, and by then there were better FPS's. and it ran completly ****e on the pc.

But i still can't wait to play it. or should i say, for my friend to buy it, clear it and then give it to me.

and if it's as polished as Doom3, i'd be surprised.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thinking about it the story got a little silly towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

Wheres the health BAR?? And the banshee flies terrible. All in all its a good game but still some flaws that are very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Got the game today in HMV on Grafton Street and after 2 hours or so, I am very impressed. The feel of the game has changed ever so slightly for the sequel with the most notable change being the improved jump and faster turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,337 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the best game i have ever played any one agree with me

snoopdog wrote:
    OMG

/me kills self for the benefit of the human race

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not even close. A great game but it will age badly. Its just a good straight forward action game. Its no Radiant Silvergun or Xenogears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It has aged, is still a great game though with some nicely enhanced models/skins. For me the original at release was a 9.5, this is about an 8.5 - which is still a lot higher than the last batch of FPS' we've seen this year (and yes it toasts Doom3's snoozeworthy but pretty booties ;) ).
    Don't like Cortana's new hairstyle though......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

_CreeD_ wrote:
    Don't like Cortana's new hairstyle though......

LoL.....biatch!!!!! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got my limited edition copy sitting on my xbox here for the past 2 days. Haven't bothered plugging it in yet. Never could get the hang of FPS games on a joypad (brought up on keyboard and mouse fps's). May be might if I'm bored on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You know you can get an adaptor that allows you to use your keyboard and mouse on the xbox from www.liksang.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

snoopdog wrote:

You haven't played a lot of games, have you lad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

Never a big fan of halo, thought the original was a bit bland.. found myself doing the same things over and over, shooting people over and over, from a first person shooter thats a bit lame.

Hopefully halo 2 will be a bit different and not the same dull and painfull plot.

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    You haven't played a lot of games, have you lad?

lol ive played so many games ive lost count first console the commondore 64

then the sega drive

ps1
    ps2
    my beloved xbox
    gc
    pc

i had all those gaming machanies and still have most of them too

so i do know alot about gaming ,it

oh i had at one stage every gameboy Nintendo produce e.g gameboy gameboy colour and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

konekos not a lad, she's an it.

Get it right

Well, missing out on the SNES would be a handicap.

You could own all them consoles and still have played only crap.

fair point

but i think its a brilliant game any way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

bought halo2 today over burnout3. same price but already having PGR2, wanted a game where me n the bro could play co-op together like sven so-op n the pc.

only played 5 mins and i need to get used to analog stick controls but I'm damn intrigued and wating to play more!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I miss the banks-esque aspect of Halo though - (if anyones an Iain M. Banks reader they would've spotted it straight off just by looking at the orbital/ring-esque Halo, 343 Guilty spark and the vaguely Idiran but missing a leg Covenant) but its a fun game :) Co-op is what makes this game good cus its just really well pulled off, just highly enjoyable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

after an hour of co-op play this morning with meh bro, brilliant fun.

feels right and plays excellent.

gripes:
    as the bro said to me, it just seems like more of the same. granted it does but I honestly really enjoyed halo and more of the same isn't a bad thing.
    I hardly expected them to completely change the game after the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ok i bought it on friday with an xbox and i fookin love it! it is great fun! really exciting. i didnt really like the first one cause it seemed unrealistic for what i played but it actually seems real in this one.im on "ladies love metal armour" or whatever it is called. very good game.. and i havt even gone near multiplayer yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Halo 2 is just as surreal as the first game.

Advertisement