Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so far im loving the single player halo 2 but this evening i decided to try the xbox live section of it and this is where my first dissapointment sets in.... when i play a map online and it ends you cant seem to stay on the server to play another map and you go back to the main online menu where you have to search for a game again which can take up to 3 minutes to start up:( this happens everytime and its taken alot away from the online experience , is this happening to anyone else? Another really annoying aspect is choosing what sort of online game you want, its broken up into rumble pit, team skirmish, head to head, battles and various clan match options but you cant seem to choose exactly what game mode you want to play e.g. ctf.. i went into team skirmish and it seems a bit of a lottery in what sort of team game you end up in.. When a game does eventually get goin it is a very smooth lag free experience tho and the servers dont seem to drop you or timeout like they do in other xbox live games.

• really enjoyed it......... but was so awfully let down at the end, people that waited to play the game for so long didnt need an cliffhanger ending like that and it was downright ****. felt like punching the tv. goes to show the microsoft realy used this game as a platform for xbox live. and where the hell was the leval from the e3 2003 mpeg grr!!

halo reminds me of the matrix trilogy
    halo 1 = the matrix
    halo 2 = matrix reloaded
    both great
    halo 2's ending = matrix revolutions(a load of ****ing ****e)
    bah u bungie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

For anyone liking the game to the first one and complainging about it, its the ****ing sequel!!! What do you expect, Mickey Mouse??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Just finished the game, great fun but I don't really understand the ending :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just finished the game, great fun but I don't really understand the ending
    Give microsoft your money for Halo 3 or a downloadable update to find out
    and where the hell was the leval from the e3 2003 mpeg grr!!

They changed into what is now the second level. And for the better imo. Did you not notice alot of the dialogue from the e3 demo used in that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

To play a live game with your own settings you have to create a party and invite your friends to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Just coming to the end of the game now and I'm really enjoying it so far-not the best game in the world by any means but definitely not a dissapointment for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

just bought it at the weekend. had deliberately read as little about it as possible and have to say i'm loving every minute of it now :)

• i expected an ending to the game. As i have said in the first reply. Jesus cant read :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

M!Ck^ wrote:
    halo reminds me of the matrix trilogy
    halo 1 = the matrix
    halo 2 = matrix reloaded

Jesus, it's not that bad. Halo 2 is genius compared to Matrix Reloaded tbh.

All in all, good game, definitely not best game ever, but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Got Halo 2 on release day its a good game better than i expected a bit short though finished it last night not happy when i finish a game in under 6 hours play
    Not worth €60
    Pete

What are the names of the all the levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

eh here
    1 The Heretic
    2 Cairo Station
    3 Outskirts
    4 Metropolis
    5 Oracle
    6 Delta Halo
    7 Regretr
    8 Sacred Icon
    9 Quarantine Zone
    10 Grave Mind
    11 Uprising
    13 High Charity
    14 The Great Journey
    Why you asked that i dont know
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I've been playing the game since thursday afternoon and I think it's an 8.9 at the moment. I kinda got sucked into the hype by reading more than I probably should. Fanboys hyped up single-player (which I ignored) but Bungie (read: Bungie not M$) really hyped up the Xbox Live part of the game. So I thought single player would be alright (which it is) and multiplayer would be great (which it isn't).

There have been a few moments in single player when I tought I was going backwards because of the repetiveness of the levels. It's like Halo1 where you travel for ages to get into the middle of a building and then either have to go back the way you came, or take another route out which looks exactly the same (which is just dam confusing).

I have recently gotten used to mouse and keyboard but originally fell in love with FPS's thanks to Goldeneye & Perfect Dark. With a mouse I can turn up the sensitivity and quickly look around me with a jerk of the mouse, yet still aim precisely. With the controller I need low sensitivty which really slows me down but I'll adjust.

And multiplayer (what I bought the game for) is the biggest let down. It works and it's solid, but it's not really fun. I've only joined one party with a bunch of guys playing game types I wanted, but the connection was ****e and the host kept changing. Other games have been lag free but played with strangers and broken up by waiting around for the next game.

Ultimately, it's a solid fps that executes other people's ideas pretty well but fails to succesfully implement it's own ideas (like the much touted online functionality). I would rather sift through a list of games than stare at the same screen for 2 minutes.

But there is hope. This game may grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

The multiplayers so cool and the singal players just as good. Still annoyed about no heath bar and has anyone noticed the glichty videos. But its a very very smooth game otherwise (it rarly lags).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

cregser wrote:
    but Bungie (read: Bungie not M$) really hyped up the Xbox Live part of the game.

You really think there’s a real difference between Bungie and Microsoft?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i agree the xbox live section of halo2 is a huge letdown, you would think they would get the most basic thing right, like being able to browse a list of servers where you can choose what map to play and what gametype etc but bizarely this isnt a feature in halo2. Instead you have a matchmaking programme where you have to choose a gametype of sorts where you could be landed with almost any game type and wait up to 5 minutes for the game to connect to a server only to find out that there is a minute left on the map where you are again brought back to the matchmaking screen after the map is over where you can once again spend another 5 minutes waiting to play another map, its daft. Once you get into a game its awesome but the waiting is hardly worth it, bungie really need to fix this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Any Irish players going on-line frequently? I'm sick of playing Halo 2 with American kids (epscially cause they whoop me :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea i really noticed the slow down in the videos and you can see the graphics drawing up as the camera changes.

the heretic "level is actually a cutscene as is the last one i do believe so there is really only 13 levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I Picked up the Collectors Edition in Xtra Vision on Friday for 64.99 but i had booked and paid a deposit of €5.00 months ago.

So I got it for €59.99 along with a Halo 2 Radio(you know the small pocket type ones which just scan for the next station.) and €20 worth of money off rental vouchers at €2 each I used those one of those straight away.

As for Halo 2, all I can say at the moment is the Collectors Edition has a cool heavy metal box as its an xmas present and I don't get to play it yet.

• Advertisement

smiaras wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Masterbating?

So I read this on the net today, that when you finish it on legendary "Coming february 9th" appeares on the screen. Now i haven't beaten it myself so I can't confirm it but, it could be announcement for Halo3, or indeed the fabled last couple of levels to download....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

the heretic "level is actually a cutscene as is the last one i do believe so there is really only 13 levels.

Yeah and there not really masive not like AOTCR.

PS do u have to quote the hole post if you want it to come up different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

im still waiting for it to be delivered from play.com :mad:

Vyse Wrote:
    Any Irish players going on-line frequently? I'm sick of playing Halo 2 with American kids (epscially cause they whoop me).

Check out www.dcbclan.com - Irish xbox live clan :D

monument wrote:
    You really think there’s a real difference between Bungie and Microsoft?

As you are no doubt suggestion... same company!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Have to wait for ages to play one game in XB Live! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

:) I picked up my copy yesterday morning. I played about half an hour of the campaign and then spent two and a half hours in big battle sessions.
    I wasn't really expecting things to be completely different in the single player mode, haven't really played enough of it to tell yet anyway. I really wanted it for the "xbox live" aspect. :D:D Spent another 4-5 hours playing live last night, this time with friends in a "custom/party" setting. We could chose what and how we wanted to play, keep it private or open up to the public.
    I am not disappointed with the live part that's for sure. Time flew. It got my pulse racing and adrenaline rushing, just what I was hoping for, loads of fun when your with a few pals.
    But thats just my opinion after one day of playing. It could be totally different tonight, but I doubt it ;) .
    Get yourself into an Xbox live Halo2 customised party.
    Play with your friends. (not being rude :rolleyes: ).

Advertisement