Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Connaught

• 05-11-2004 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

this evening. Anyone else going? Connaught will be a lot closer to full strength which could make this tough for Leinster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

didn't think so, though as you know a lot of the subtlety can be missed from the terraces.
    Crap game - Leinsters first try came out of nothing.

as per osprys game, handling errors abounded and Nigel willams couldn't get them to scrummage all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

uberwolf wrote:
    didn't think so, though as you know a lot of the subtlety can be missed from the terraces.
    Crap game - Leinsters first try came out of nothing.

as per osprys game, handling errors abounded and Nigel willams couldn't get them to scrummage all night

Yeah...i'll agree with that assessment. Contepomi made some good tackle and hits and some of his running was ok....but his kicking was girvan dempsey'esque at times.

Connacht were very poor....murdered us in the scrum but that was suppossed to be the same team that hockeyed Narbonne, while Leinster had
    13 changes and a positional swop. Again, Very good scrummage or was it Leinster's terrible one?

Personally i thought Downey should have been sent off for his high tackle. It put our best attacking player off the field...

Leinster have now beaten all the other provinces this season....I'm a happy man. :D

RuggieBear wrote:
    Leinster have now beaten all the other provinces this season....I'm a happy man. :D

wow, that had escaped me. w3 r d3 l33t \0/ ;)

uberwolf wrote:
    wow, that had escaped me. w3 r d3 l33t \0/ ;)

It's great innit? :D I have absolutely no idea what \0/ means tho....! :eek:

• Advertisement

it's a little guy cheering with his arms up \ - left arm 0 - head / right arm

\0/

uberwolf wrote:
    it's a little guy cheering with his arms up \ - left arm 0 - head / right arm

\0/
    :D
    ok gotcha.....sometimes i really think i'm a total newbie. :o

Anyone else find it irritating that all the inter pro games take place when all the "top" players are on international duty..... i would pay 50euro to watch full strength Leinster and Munster line ups face each other....only chance of that is if we both fluke it in the HC!

I'd much rather beat all the other provinces with full strength lineups than win the Celtic league as it stands.

daveirl wrote:

Now that would be great....What was the score the last time we met in the final...!!!? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

RuggieBear wrote:
    Now that would be great....What was the score the last time we met in the final...!!!? ;)
    Munster and Leinster have never played each other in a Celtic Cup final, you're thinking of the Celtic League.

• Advertisement

Jilm wrote:
    Munster and Leinster have never played each other in a Celtic Cup final, you're thinking of the Celtic League.

lol....Whatever!!! :D

perhaps i should have said what was the score last time both teams met in a final!

on btw, well done Munster 2nds...
    Still....i feel kinda sorry for the Ulster fans coz i spent last season listening to how the celtic league should be used for the rankings of the teams and how the bottom placed irish team should end up in the bic biro cup....not hearing that this season. ;) Must be tough knowing that so far you are only a little better than Borders. Hopefully there will be a rally from here on in and they will climb the table.

Anyway i digress and to get slightly more on topic.....i know it is early days yet but i'm thinking something really has to be done about the Ulster and Connacht if the Leinster and Munster 2nds can so easily outplay them. Perhaps Connacht were suffering from post big match syndrome and just weren't up for Leinster but they looked quite a poor team at times (not that Leinster were hugely impressive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

lol....Whatever!!! :D
    Simple mistake for you to make, it was nearly 3 years ago after all, memories do get hazy ...doesn't stop some Leinster fans bleating on about it though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Very disappointing show from Connacht. Not an entertaining game by any means - unless you Leinster fans enjoyed it more than you showed.

My first time watching a match in Donnybrook. Note to the IRFU from a neutral - please move all of their games to Lansdowne. That way, even though there's still no atmosphere, at least we'll be more comfortable :)

Trojan wrote:
    My first time watching a match in Donnybrook. Note to the IRFU from a neutral - please move all of their games to Lansdowne. That way, even though there's still no atmosphere, at least we'll be more comfortable :)

What's wrong with Donnybrook? What was making it uncomfortable for you...? Were you in the stand coz i believe sitting there isn't the best....

I was on the far terrace, it was pretty crowded and uncomfortable where we were. The atmosphere was very lame. A lot of that had to do with the gameplay and that's not the fans fault. Maybe if it was better opposition than we provided, and a possibly full strength Leinster team, it would be different.

Even though I'm not mad about it, I have preferred the vast emptiness of Lansdowne when watching Leinster play their HC matches this season and last. I don't think I'm interested in going to another CL match in Donnybrook - I'll watch it on TV in Kylies or something.

Trojan wrote:
    I was on the far terrace, it was pretty crowded and uncomfortable where we were. The atmosphere was very lame. I don't think I'm interested in going to another CL match in Donnybrook

I ended up there by myself, pint in hand having been stood up. :( but I'll do it again. \0/ hopefully with a friend someday. We can all dream ;)

Trojan wrote:
    I was on the far terrace, it was pretty crowded and uncomfortable where we were. The atmosphere was very lame. A lot of that had to do with the gameplay and that's not the fans fault. Maybe if it was better opposition than we provided, and a possibly full strength Leinster team, it would be different.

Even though I'm not mad about it, I have preferred the vast emptiness of Lansdowne when watching Leinster play their HC matches this season and last. I don't think I'm interested in going to another CL match in Donnybrook - I'll watch it on TV in Kylies or something.

I was in that terrace....i love it. only place to watch the game as far as i'm concerned. :D But i'll admit the atmosphere was pretty poor on friday (even by Leinster standards). There was only one good run in the game and that was ended by a high tackle.....the rest was pretty poor!

Been like this for a while....nobody gives a flying **** about the Celtic League. It means nothing at all. Until it is actually used to rank the teams it will mean nothing.....but it can't be used to rank the teams as Leinster and Munster lose over 10 players each and the odds of one of them ending up in the bic biro increase hugely!

That was "off the shoulder"!!

I liked the cheerleaders idea :) Who's working on moving this forward?

uberwolf wrote:
    I ended up there by myself, pint in hand having been stood up. :( but I'll do it again. \0/ hopefully with a friend someday. We can all dream ;)

Strangely enough...me too! All my mate cried off at the last minute! Bastids! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

UP Connaught. :D

Advertisement