Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing an electric shower - should I get a plumber?

Options
  • 05-11-2004 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am buying either a Triton t90 or a Mira Elite 2 next week and I will need to get it installed. Has anyone here had either of these installed and did you get a professional in to do it? How much did it cost you? Is there anyone out there who you'd recommend for price/service?

Alternatively, did you do it yourself and how did you find it, would you recommend DIY? (Don't want the apartment to burn down!).

Thanks,
    Ardent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

OK, dont know to much about self install but my other half is a builder and even he didnt take this on and he's fairly handy at most things! Have had mira elite in 2 sep houses and both time got the ESB to install, takes them about 3-4 hrs or so and cost approx 300e but only reason went for them as could pay on the bill. They have to get up into the attic to dp something with electricity and water tank and also install new trip switch on main fuse board so is a failry complex job.

If you go for Mira I would reccommend taking out supercover as on both showers unless coincidence have had a breakdown a approx 2 years (second time due to water pressure in our estate though and not faulty shower). I dont know to much about trition as until recently ESB would only install Miras.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I like mira myself, but the suppliers are pushing triton, they are more or less the same, woodies have the mira on and off on special,
    if you can cable the shower with the correct sized cables as indicated on other posts and if your hand enough then you could give it a go. the contition of the tank in the attic will be the key, if is a nice decent 60 gallon plastic tank then give it a lash, but if its a galv steel tank then maybe replace that too while your at it, now yout into plumber land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

renovated a house last year over three months (took time off work) did everything but that, no prob to put in bathroom suite or kitchen sink etc but if you a lay person i would really advise getting a plumber in, just chech if he can wire it too, i just have a thing against electrics and water, too risky for my taste

Advertisement