Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boxers or briefs-does it MATTER?

• 05-11-2004 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

My hubby is tall and thin,but muscular, not puny.He insists on wearing briefs and I think they just look foul.

I have bought him dead sexy jersey boxers, but he'll wear them once or twice and then go back to wearing KNICKERS and I hate it!

Why do you brief wearing men find them better than boxers?
    Just as an aside, I wear thongs, but on the odd occasion when I decide to wear my big knickers, a comment is always made, so I think I'm entitled to have a preference :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭lazernuts

I'm sorry, but I think he's gay and it's his way of letting you know. I mean c'mon like, BRIEFS!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Why don't you start wearing big knickers more often? If he wants thongs then tell him he better start wearing knickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Get all his briefs and fling them in bin,get replacement boxers or jersey ones that you like,then he'll have no choice....Gave up wearing briefs in my teens.Boxers are the way to go...Ballcrushers are a NO NO.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

As Maurice T. Rodriguez in Boogie Nights says ... wear what you dig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

people still wear briefs and boxers? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

FX Meister wrote:
    Why don't you start wearing big knickers more often? If he wants thongs then tell him he better start wearing knickers.
    lol, go with the briget jones pants idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

It looks like I might be in the minority here, but I don't mind a guy in briefs. Sometimes boxers just look like really baggy shorts, leaving too much to the imagination. I prefer something. more. snug. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

mad m wrote:
    Get all his briefs and fling them in bin,get replacement boxers or jersey ones that you like,then he'll have no choice....Gave up wearing briefs in my teens.Boxers are the way to go...Ballcrushers are a NO NO.... :D

Did it- he just goes to M&S and gets new ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

I DO mean to boast, but my man is like a tripod if ya know what I mean, so he needs briefs larger than his regular size for the support.. Can't have that thing danglin' half way down your leg in public!! People will think he's smuggling a gun or somethin!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Bessacadia wrote:
    Did it- he just goes to M&S and gets new ones
    why dont you just go to M&S and get a new bloke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ah, commando is best! :D I prefer my underwear to be like a dancefloor.... plenty of ballroom... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i like boxers though i thied one of those cheese strings out the other day but it cut the asre off of me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

Cheese???

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

shiv wrote:
    It looks like I might be in the minority here, but I don't mind a guy in briefs. Sometimes boxers just look like really baggy shorts, leaving too much to the imagination. I prefer something. more. snug. :)

reeeallly ;0

Cheese???

:eek:
    a bit of cheader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Well I hate boxer shorts. They feel so loose and sloppy and give no support at all. You might as well go commando. Therefore the only purpose of Boxers is so that dirty feckers who can't wipe their arse don't soil their trousers with sh*te

Briefs and boxer briefs are so much better. And boxer briefs offer the best of both worlds - support without the stupid stigma that people attach to briefs. And anyone who thinks that supporting your nob is not important should read up on a "pleasant" medical condition called Torsion of the Testes (otherwise known as Twisting Your Bollox)

Also, women with small tits can often get away without wearing a bra whereas more well endowed women can't. Same principle applies to men, their nobs and their choice of underwear....

BrianD3

so you have a small knob and put a sock into your briefs???

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My girlfriend always gives out to me for wearing briefs as opposed to boxers, and my answer is Brian3D's. I like a bit of support from my underwear thanks - boxers don't provide this. Boxer briefs I find oddly uncomfortable (although I know that this is just me, dunno why but I do) and boxers...well, christ, you might as well just wear shorts and be done with it.

I've never understood the "boxers = great, briefs = horrible" stigma - I've seen far more pairs of horrible horrible boxers on sale in shops (and, on one memorable occasion, being worn by our history teacher who had deemed it sensible to drop his trousers in the middle of class. :eek: But that's another story entirely) than I have manky briefs.

Also, quite why someone else expects to tell me what I should wear to cover and hold my bits up is beyond me. I mean, I don't go around saying "wear a thong and a wonderbra" to people...(although perhaps I should start, by the sound of things)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

why dont you just go to M&S and get a new bloke?

No way - he puts the bin out without being reminded.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i personally wear neither. altho, i think Boxers are the way to go...

• Advertisement

Bessacadia wrote:
    No way - he puts the bin out without being reminded.
    are you sure he's really a man? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bart: Dad, do you wear boxers, or briefs?

Homer(checking): No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Boxers all the way. I do have some nice CK boxer briefs, nice and snug ;)
    Y-fronts are for old men.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Just reading what was being said and being a boxer man myself asked my brother which he uses.
    Boxers! I'll keep my testicles thank you very much

I think it says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,754 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mad m wrote:
    Gave up wearing briefs in my teens

Yup same here. Do you briefs boyos realise that the bondage causes your tackle to be too hot ;)

Anything over 35C and they won't produce the goodies. Well they might, but them goodies won't be swimming no more ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Which isn't really a problem unless you're looking to start a family....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

My opinion: Who f****n cares what type of gutchens he wears?! As long as he changes them daily and they're not stained I couldn't care less. ;)

... I'm done with this soapbox if anyone else needs it....
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Frankly I don't see any advantage to wearing boxers over going commando.

Briefs keep my knob and nuts safe when I'm jogging or just plain walking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Bessacadia wrote:
    My hubby is tall and thin,puny.He insists on wearing briefs and I think they just look foul.

I have bought him dead sexy jersey boxers, but he'll wear them once or twice and then go back to wearing my KNICKERS and I hate it!

Just as an aside, I wear thongs, but on the odd occasion when I decide to wear my big knickers, a comment is always made, so I think I'm entitled to have a preference :D

If he keeps on wearing your knickers just buy boxers then he'll wear them instead

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Just reading what was being said and being a boxer man myself asked my brother which he uses.
    Boxers! I'll keep my testicles thank you very much!

I think it says it all really.

Says something different to what you might think. Put it this way - you try cycling to & from work, playing soccer, and practicing a martial art with heavy emphasis on various types of kicks and lunges, wearing only boxers for support. I give you a week, maybe two at the outside, before you end up catching yourself in a very uncomfortable way. Won't happen with briefs cos they give support.

As for the temperature of my testicles...I'm not rampantly trying to breed, so it's not exactly a concern for me. Or for many other people, I should imagine. Christ, anyone'd think there was some sort of infertility epidemic caused by brief-wearing. (That'd be a headline, eh?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

My willy is so big I have to wear a leg warmer as underwear, I stick it in and use an elastic band to keep it on at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lol...
    Briefs are horrible on a guy, such an old-man effect. Boxer briefs are way nicer.

unkel wrote:
    Yup same here. Do you briefs boyos realise that the bondage causes your tackle to be too hot ;)

Anything over 35C and they won't produce the goodies. Well they might, but them goodies won't be swimming no more ;)

Perhaps he's trying to tell her something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

unkel wrote:
    Yup same here. Do you briefs boyos realise that the bondage causes your tackle to be too hot

Anything over 35C and they won't produce the goodies. Well they might, but them goodies won't be swimming no more
    Supposedly they did some sort of test(es) , sorry couldn't resist, and they found out that the temperature difference is negligable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

What's wrong with good old fashioned Y fronts. No support with boxers---no good, briefs just cut into my crotch. For me it's Y fronts worn inside out, otherwise my dick just sneaks out the slit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

aww briefs on a man are so bad!if my fella wasnt goina wear boxers id rather he go commando than those bloody man knickers , up with the boxers!

Surely you mean down with boxers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

heh heh i guess so , but if its warm you know the chaeffing aint good , but at least he gets a good through flow in there ;)

Supposedly they did some sort of test(es)

LOL :)

Temp difference is 2 degrees - boxers 35 and briefs 37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

briefs just look so stupid so i, like ost people gave up wearing them when i was about 10 or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Nobody says breifs have to be tight.

If he insists on wearing them you could get some that are better looking than manky y-fronts.

unkel wrote:
    LOL :)

Temp difference is 2 degrees - boxers 35 and briefs 37

Any particular source on that?

I find it genuinely surprising that a temperature difference like that can be caused by the difference between a pair of briefs holding your sac in place, and a pair of boxers that lets them hang loose at best about a centimetre away from your body and still within the same air layer that preserves most of your body heat (unless I'm some sort of freak and everyeone else's sacs hang halfway down their trouser legs or something).

(also - how many of you weirdo perves go around looking at half naked old men to be able to state that briefs give "an old man effect"? ;))

briefs just look so stupid
    And boxers don't?
    JasonBiggs-(2).jpg

BrianD3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Fysh wrote:
    (unless I'm some sort of freak and everyeone else's sacs hang halfway down their trouser legs or something).
    I tuck mine into my socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

I am called the Stallion well no ....

sorry was dreaming for a sec

Boxers all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Fysh wrote:
    Says something different to what you might think. Put it this way - you try cycling to & from work, playing soccer, and practicing a martial art with heavy emphasis on various types of kicks and lunges, wearing only boxers for support. I give you a week, maybe two at the outside, before you end up catching yourself in a very uncomfortable way. Won't happen with briefs cos they give support.

Have to admit I cycle to and from work every day, wear boxers or boxer briefs and have never been caught in a very uncomfortable way. Likewise with many visits to the gym. I would think that having things pushed up against your thigh all day long, particularly during exercise, would increase chaffing and so on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

Iago wrote:
    reeeallly ;0

yes, reeeallly :D
    men should show off their package!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

tis not what you wear, its how you wear it

Playing sport or doing exercise without the benefit of supportive underwear is stupid. The mere thought of it makes me cringe. Wait till one of you guys suffers a testicular torsion or a twisted epididymis due to your unsupportive boxers. You'll be in agony and will have to be rushed to hospital, if you're not treated in time your balls will be starved of blood, will turn gangerous and could drop off.

BrianD3

A few seconds of asking our friend:

The temperature of the testes is at issue: In order for testes to produce sufficient quality and quantity of sperm, the temperature of testes must be lower than the core body temperature.

"That is why [testes] are located outside of the body," explains Celia E. Dominguez, reproductive endocrinologist, Center for Reproductive Medicine at the Emory University School of Medicine. "Testes were made to be out in the breeze."

Testes can overheat when a man wears brief underwear. If the testes are too hot -- several degrees above where they should be -- they are not able to produce sufficient sperm, resulting in low sperm count.

Keep sperm cool

Sperm develop best at a temperature 2-3°C lower than the rest of the body, which is why the testes are outside the body. Wearing tight underpants or jeans can raise the temperature of the testes and lower sperm production, so wearing boxer shorts is worth a thought
    Optimizing Testes

To keep testes at optimal temperature:

* Don't wear tight pants -- particularly during sports activities. Wear loose clothing, especially if you sit for long periods of time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement