Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes, "The Beach" Again!

Options
  • 22-05-2000 3:39pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what anyones opinion was on the Mr Duck parts in the book.Did you:

1)see them as dreams that Richard was having?

2)see them as insane hallucinations as he slowly but surely lost his marbles?

3)or maybe a ghost?

I think that I would have to stick with number 2, I know that you are allowed to make what you want of books and use your imagination...but what went through the minds of you people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

i thought he was an insane hallucinations, but the weird thing was that he told richard he was insane. and richard got sane again pretty quickly by the end

dot
    also
    Mapfinger

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Excuse my ignorance, but where and when exactly did Richard get sane again, I've read the book twice and must have missed that bit.

Didn't he sufficate the Swed near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think he means in the last page where he goes home to england and lives happily ever after.
    why did he live happilly ever after you ask?

COZ HE WAS FUPPIN NUTTZO!

definetly insanity id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

he may have killed the swede but even after that he kpt himself together pretty well, escaped the island without getting killed and went on to live with people from the island??

• Advertisement
Advertisement