Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good news for NIRVANA fans

Options
  • 05-11-2004 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

If you are still a big nirvana fan like myself you will be happy about the new boxset that is been released on the 23rd of november you can preorder on amazon and other places.

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/n/nirvana/lights.htm

68 tracks and a dvd...fair few previously unreleased tracks included.

cant wait myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was a Nirvana fan and have all the albums and a few bootlegs. I hate the constant rehashing of material to make money though, and I won't be buying the boxset. A good idea for somebody that doesn't have all the albums I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I have all the albums and more myself but it will be nice to add to the collection and I also dont own any video footage other than the odd downloaded video.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I think the boxset is gonna be well worht it. None of the stuff on it is from any of the albums (recording session wise), so there should be a good few variations and stuff in the songs. I know most of it has already been circulated through bootlegs, but these version should be of a superior quality. The DVD has a track from Dave's first gig, and the gig they played with Dam Peters from Mud Honey on drums. Really looking forward to both of these, altho again both shows are available to trade in lesser quality.

Yeah I cant wait to hear some of the tracks

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Do I see a couple of Zeppelin covers in there?

• Advertisement

http://www.mtv.com/music/special_features/nirvana/

Check the video there. Also here for rips
    livenirvana.com

Lookin nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

this is kinda off topic, so i appoligize...

but a kid stopped me outside my house the other day to ask me "who are nedvarna?" :mad: ... it angers the blood i tells ya when ya realise how brainwashed kids are by mtv pop crap... :(

now, back on topic.
    the boxset is just a way to earn courtney love another undeserved dollar... mr. grohl took her to court to ban the new stuff from comin out because kurt didnt want it released, but she had the rights to the songs after kurt died and therefore won court case... she didnt respect kurts wishes so you should - so dont buy it -

and boycott mtv...

end communication.

PunK04 wrote:
    this is kinda off topic, so i appoligize...

the boxset is just a way to earn courtney love another undeserved dollar... mr. grohl took her to court to ban the new stuff from comin out because kurt didnt want it released, but she had the rights to the songs after kurt died and therefore won court case... she didnt respect kurts wishes so you should - so dont buy it -
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was actually Courtney who brought Krist and Dave to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

There was a thread here already about the box set. Anyway, I own all the albums, and a load of rare/live/unreleased songs, and I'll be getting the box set. I don't think Courtney owns all the rights anymore...Geffen have been sold many times in the last few years, and also I'm pretty sure the right to release unreleased material was also um, sold, if that's the right word. Which is why the box set is coming out at all.

And actually, the box set is being released on the 22nd of november here, 23rd is america.

Fair enough releasing the diary was ripping the piss considering on the first page it said dont read my journals when im gone or something so I wouldnt touch that but I dont feel the same about the unreleased music

I've preordered the boxset I hope it doesnt take too long to deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

and boycott mtv...

yeah pile of ****e the just play whatever the mainstream wants to hear biggest pile of bs ever

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

PunK04 wrote:
    I thought it was the other way around. Dave and Krist wanted to release the previously unreleased material, while courtney just wanted the greatest hits cash cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Zoton wrote:
    courtney just wanted the greatest hits cash cow.

Your grammar sucks, what you meant to say was "Courtney just wants to be hit, the fat cow" :p

I am MAN wrote:
    Fair enough releasing the diary was ripping the piss considering on the first page it said dont read my journals when im gone or something so I wouldnt touch that but I dont feel the same about the unreleased music

I've preordered the boxset I hope it doesnt take too long to deliver.

Actually it says "Don't read my journals when I'm gone" Then, underneath, "I'm going to work now, take a look, try and figure me out."

The journals are VERY interesting. I know, it took me years to be able to read Anne Franks diary, and 3 years to read The Journals, but they're worth reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Courtney Love has blocked the surviving members of Nirvana — Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic — from releasing the band's final track,

had my wires crossed there for a while, so i appologise...

still dont trust her though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

PunK04 wrote:
    had my wires crossed there for a while, so i appologise...

still dont trust her though...

I too hated courtney love at first, i thought she was just a modern day yoko ono for nirvana, but tbh after reading heavier than heaven, you gain a new respect for her. In the end, she was the only one who was really there trying to help him after everyone else gave up (not that youd blame them, the way he acted, but she never stopped trying). Seriously if you havent read it, read it, and then see if you still hate her. Tbh i just feel sorry for her now, but i really stopped hating her after reading that book.

I read it and I still hate her. It glorifies her way too much.

Advertisement