Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone WAP overcharging - reimbursing customers..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wahey! I got €39.98. Really good timing too, cos I'm skint.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

My mate's always checking the football scores on WAP. He must be on it constantly. He was refunded €140!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

For those wondering how the figures were worked out and how the seemingly arbitary timescale of 18 or so months was picked, I can assure you that as far as the latter point goes, VF were able to pin point exactly when the problem started and using archived usage data were able to work out for all subscribers fairly accurately what the over charge was. A lot of people have been working on this for some time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Has anyone on post pay been refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

BigMoose wrote:
    For those wondering how the figures were worked out and how the seemingly arbitary timescale of 18 or so months was picked, I can assure you that as far as the latter point goes, VF were able to pin point exactly when the problem started and using archived usage data were able to work out for all subscribers fairly accurately what the over charge was. A lot of people have been working on this for some time!

well they implemented their 'per page' charge for WAP content about 18 months ago - so doesn't look arbitrary taking that into account

with a decent data warehouse and capable staff it shouldn't have been that big a deal to sort out - just time consuming - pity it took them so long to spot though - at least they admitted their internal systems need attention
    Vodafone is also adopting changes to its content management processes and deploying additional resources to enhance the integrity of its billing procedures.

let's hope their implementation of the upcoming 3G billing system goes better for them (and their customers)

BrianG

• Advertisement

nope - only got texts to handsets with pre-pay SIMs in them so far

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Not yet and am a bit peeved off at them cos I use the WAP service quiet a bit for football results, news and sheer boredom when not at my pc...maybe they are sorting it all alphabetically! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

robo wrote:
    Not yet and am a bit peeved off at them cos I use the WAP service quiet a bit for football results, news and sheer boredom when not at my pc...maybe they are sorting it all alphabetically! :mad:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I use WAP almost daily and haven't heard a thing about being due a refund. Seeing as over 550,000 customers were affected and being a regular WAP user, I was pretty sure that I'd be due something back.

on Post-Pay I got no SMS but this month's Bill had a credit described as "Call Credit" - have confirmed it was for the WAP overcharging - so you should see any credit applied listed on your 'Account Statement' page

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oh joy.

*wonders how to spend the €0.01 refund while visiting more than one shop*

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

on Post-Pay I got no SMS but this month's Bill had a credit described as "Call Credit" - have confirmed it was for the WAP overcharging - so you should see any credit applied listed on your 'Account Statement' page

BrianG

Just checked my bill and no refund yet!! Am not very happy about this at all!!! :mad:

Wouldn't have minded a bit of credit as my bill is a little big this month due to roaming charges up in Belfast...are they ever gonna get rid of that for travelling to the North!!!??

hi, Vodafone offer an account option called the Ireland-Wide Tariff

BrianG

hi, Vodafone offer an account option called the Ireland-Wide Tariff

BrianG

Thanks fro that BrianG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I got an unexplained call credit from Vodafone that appeared on my latest bill. Usually I get a dropped call credit of about 0.25 but there is no explaination for this one. Would it be a chargeback from recent overcharging issues? It would be nice if they explained to customers that they over charged you and were now making amends.

hi, have a read of the above (now merged) thread

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Oophs! sorry mr. mod! I don't use WAP much but there was one bill where I had used it more and thought the charge was a bit steep.

Only that I - and other boards users here - are more aware of the situation would I suspect what the credit is for. There are probably 1000's of consumers out there who have no idea that they have been overcharged and quietly reimboursed.

not sure what the apology is for?

only that you - had started a new thread about a topic already being discussed so it was merged in - just house keeping...

Advertisement