Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey Trojan (The Nights Dawn Trilogy)

Options
  • 25-05-2000 6:10pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did you finish that yet then or what?

Some fat story.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

what!...you are going to start the trilogy again!>?!...are you mad?...those books take ages to read, do you not think that after a chapter or two of the Naked God you would be back in the swing of things?

I didn't read them 1, 2, 3, well I did, but plus other books in between and it was still fresh in the brain.

I'll love to be reading them again though, brialliant stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Just to enquire are if ye have read his other
    novels and if so are they any good?
    - is mise Capone wanabe. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey there,

I haven't finished it yet!! I haven't seen the 3rd one, The Naked God, around in the shops. I'll have a proper look round for it at the weekend, but I'm going to have to read them from the start again, I like to read trilogys 1,2,3 without breaks.

Also I'm doing my usual thing of reading 14 at the same time; this Crichton one is great, also reading back through my Iain M. Banks archive - Use of Weapons currently, (just done Consider Phlebas). I'm about 1/4 way into 1984 again too, I love that book.

Boss- I like to read books in the proper order, they're more enjoyable like that. It doesn't take as long the second time either, maybe a week for the 2 of them.

Man - Yeah, read A Philosophical Investigation, very enjoyable read, recommended. Very different though compared to this series.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

As far as I know I haven't read any of his other stuff, but I almost bought one on Sunday and I'm half regretting buying "TimeLine", I hope that it suprises me somewhere along the (time)line.

I'm not too keen on this medieval sci fi...I'll give my full opinion when I'm actually finished
    smile.gif

• Advertisement

..and Trojan, if you can finish 2 of them books in a week you must be just looking at the pics!
    wink.gif

I know that I spent at least a week looking at the pic on the front of the NAked God, even played q2 under that nick for a while.Some book!

Well, I commute more than 2 hours a day, factor in another 1-2 hours reading in bed = 5-6 hours per weekday, then more at the weekend, say 36 hours *roughly*.

At a page a minute, that's 2160 pages, more than the 2 books are.

I don't get out much.

Advertisement