Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Property Websites??

Options
  • 05-11-2004 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hey All,
    Im new the property scene and im just wondering could anyone help me out.

Im currently looking to buy a house in cork and i want to keep up to date with new properties/developments that come on the market. i was just wondering what are the best websites to be checking on a daily basis? i think myhome.ie is excellent but are there others that people feel are well worth checking in on?

I dont think much of epropertygold.com or nicemove.ie...anyone have any other recommendations? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

namiamo

keep eye on the irish times property supplement and others, is just a thisng of keeping an eye on developments etc.

you currently in the market, do you or have you set yourself a deadline or are you i any hurry??

is this as investment(rental) or residential accomodation?

there are many factors to keep a mind on but always remember that property should always be an investment and realise capital at the end. the only time i would disagree is a retirement self gift or dream home idea you dont want to realise the capital on

first place i bought i bought as investment, have it rented out last few years in dublin and mortgage is paid by tenants, i currently pay less in rent that what i would pay for my mortgage, there are so many factors to consider, please be careful

if i can help in any way please give me a shout

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

Thanks for all the advice Eoin.
    No im not on a deadline as such im hoping to put my home on the market in the new year so as such im just watching the market! Just wondering wheres the best places to be keeping an eye on...
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

There's loads out there, www.myhome.ie seems to be the most comprihensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Friday's Indepandent has the largest property supplement. To my mind it's worth getting as desirable new properties tend to go very quickly on launch dates.

And you can of course throw the rest of the paper away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

try daft.ie it seems quite good, i normally look it up on the phone through wap when i'm bored! Also if you know the names of autioneers in your area, or the desired area you want to move to, do a google for them. Most normally have their own sites.

Farlz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Farls wrote:
    try daft.ie it seems quite good, i normally look it up on the phone through wap when i'm bored! Also if you know the names of autioneers in your area, or the desired area you want to move to, do a google for them. Most normally have their own sites.

Farlz

true, douglas newman good seem to be doing some type of franchise thing now so have loads of sales offices all over the place...www.dng.ie and theres the property partners and remax also that are franchised

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

Thanks everyone for the replies, theyre exactly what i was looking for in a response!
    thanks especially to farlz for opening my eyes to the world of daft.ie! If anyone has any other suggestions keep them coming...

Advertisement